SR 22 Demo

I’m considering purchasing an SR 22 demonstrator and need some feedback from some of you.

The SR 22 has all the options.
It will be about 8 months old/new when I take possession.
It will have about 300 hours on it.
I will get all the tax benefits as though it were a new plane.
They want $345,000 for it and it listed at 385,000 new.

Is this a good deal or not.

I would appreciate any help this group can give me in making my decision.

Thanks!

what about warranty? do they start the warranty on the plane and parts when you purchase it, or from the date it was placed into service? that would be my only concern (Ive had a few probs with my ride). other than that, I think it’s definitely a good idea. it’ll save you a bunch of $$$ and it probably has all the kinks out of it.

Saving 40 grand with 300 hours and they probably have worked out most of the bugs too! However, you can check www.aso.com and www.aircraft.com to see if the price is really competitve.
Good luck

I bought my SR22 demo for $330,000. Fully loaded, of course. I got the impression that was the going price, at least as long as they were offering $20k off fully loaded new models.

Mine was built in 4/03 and had about 165 hours when I picked it up in early October. I lucked out and got a new engine/prop at that time, but that’s another story, and had no impact on the prior agreed-upon price.

John,

What production number is your demo? I am looking at buying a 2003 SR22 #597. I just place a deposit on it today and will take delivery in April 2004. The price (based on the number of hours flown at $60) will be around $345,000. It has all the options (TKS, SS, SW, Emax)

Tim

just bought one of their demos. the warranty starts from when the plane is put into service. 8 months seems like a long time for their demos. mine had 400 hrs but was originally delivered in July

Dear Stuart,

If you don’t mind my asking, what did you pay? I think the Cirrus is a great plane but I want a fair deal.

I thank you guys for your help on this matter and hope to join your ranks soon.

Tim - I hope you got the number wrong. We purchased SR22 s/n 597 a couple weeks ago…

Tom

I have to say I really want to hear the end of this thread …

It was my mistake. It is # 0573.

Tim

Roland,

Well, EXCUSE ME!!! Sorry for imposing on your reading pleasure.

Tim

Roland:

In reply to:

I have to say I really want to hear the end of this thread …

Tim:

In reply to:

Well, EXCUSE ME!!! Sorry for imposing on your reading pleasure.

I took it to mean (clearly) that he was CURIOUS how the thread would end, not THAT the thread would end.

Correct me if I’m wrong…

In reply to:

I took it to mean (clearly) that he was CURIOUS how the thread would end, not THAT the thread would end.

Yes that’s what I was trying to say, sorry to be so unclear. Two people, one plane, I hoped there was going to be a satisfactory resolution.

Me too - whew - it wasn’t a dream - 0597 really is ours…

Tom

Me three. Now we know how it ends. I guess I misunderstood Roland’s intent. My apologies.

Tim