SR-20 Simulation

Just traded with E-Mail with Austin Meyer, creator of X-Plane. X-Plane in my opinion is the best of the reasonably priced flight simulators. He said it would be no problem for him or anyone else to create the SR-20 with chute deployment on X-Plane. I have used X-Plane for the past several years and I find its flying very accurate. I should know, I only own 9 different flight simulation programs. For $79.00 this could help with the 12-24 month wait for the real thing. You can check it out at X-Plane.com. I will be building my own in the next few days. Larry

Just traded with E-Mail with Austin Meyer, creator of X-Plane. X-Plane in my opinion is the best of the reasonably priced flight simulators. He said it would be no problem for him or anyone else to create the SR-20 with chute deployment on X-Plane. I have used X-Plane for the past several years and I find its flying very accurate. I should know, I only own 9 different flight simulation programs. For $79.00 this could help with the 12-24 month wait for the real thing. You can check it out at X-Plane.com. I will be building my own in the next few days. Larry

Could you let us owners-in-waiting know how it works after you’ve built and used it? In particular, ease of customizing it, realism, and the panel configuration ( ie can it simulate the ARNAV / garmins / autopilot / etc. ).

THANKS!!!

Randy

There is already an SR20 model out for the X-Plane simulator, at http://www.x-plane.org/registry/pages/GeneralAV-Single/.

If you don’t have X-Plane and would like to try this model out, go to http://www.x-plane.com and download the demo. Then, download the SR20 file and install it into the Aircraft folder where X-Plane is installed.

It will run for 5 minutes before turning off the joystick - then you get to fly the airplane using trim 8^) . Buying X-Plane (for $79 plus shpg.) allows your already-installed software to then run normally when the CD is in your CD drive.

BTW the creator of the SR20 model did a nice job of trying to emulate the radical instrument panel’s shape. It uses stock X-Plane gauges (I think) but it still looks a lot like the real thing.

BTW #2 this sim has a generic GPS - the Garmin is not simulated specifically.

dB.

Could you let us owners-in-waiting know how it works after you’ve built and used it? In particular, ease of customizing it, realism, and the panel configuration ( ie can it simulate the ARNAV / garmins / autopilot / etc. ).

THANKS!!!

Randy

Hi Randy - WILCO, Larry

There is already an SR20 model out for the X-Plane simulator, at http://www.x-plane.org/registry/pages/GeneralAV-Single/.

If you don’t have X-Plane and would like to try this model out, go to http://www.x-plane.com and download the demo. Then, download the SR20 file and install it into the Aircraft folder where X-Plane is installed.
Dave - I can’t install the cirrus download because it is a “cirrus.sit” file and not a folder like the others ( I could easily, for example, install the cherokee 180 file). Anyway, the folders in the x-plane program are all a different format than the “SIT” format of cirrus. I can’t even open the cirrus.sit file to look what’s in it. Any ideas???

It will run for 5 minutes before turning off the joystick - then you get to fly the airplane using trim 8^) . Buying X-Plane (for $79 plus shpg.) allows your already-installed software to then run normally when the CD is in your CD drive.

BTW the creator of the SR20 model did a nice job of trying to emulate the radical instrument panel’s shape. It uses stock X-Plane gauges (I think) but it still looks a lot like the real thing.

BTW #2 this sim has a generic GPS - the Garmin is not simulated specifically.

Would really like to try / buy this, but only if I can get cirrus installed into the program!

Randy

dB.