So I bought 4 planes

I had really wanted a Cirrus but just couldnt justify the costs. I ended up buying into a club which owns 2 172s, 1 182, and 1 210. With access to a 182 and 210 I’ll see how it works out. Sure is a cheaper way to fly, but not nearly as fun as the cirrus. Hopefully in the next few years that will change…

In reply to:

I had really wanted a Cirrus but just couldnt justify the costs. I ended up buying into a club which owns 2 172s, 1 182, and 1 210.

What was the cost? Were you looking for new or pre-owned Cirrus?
If I’m not wrong a new C-182 is priced similarly to an SR20 but is 30 kts slower w/ no chute.
So if the club has new aircraft, your club prices should be about the same operating costs.

And if you wanted to just get occasional use, why not consider Air Shares or other such organizations?

In reply to:

I had really wanted a Cirrus but just couldnt justify the costs. I ended up buying into a club which owns 2 172s, 1 182, and 1 210. With access to a 182 and 210 I’ll see how it works out. Sure is a cheaper way to fly, but not nearly as fun as the cirrus. Hopefully in the next few years that will change…

So now that you’re a member, just get them to sell what you have and buy some Cirrui…

Had been looking @ pre-owned cirrus partnership of some kind. Cost was $3,200 or so and $85/hr for the 182 and $105/hr for the 210 (both wet). These are not new - both 1980’s or so I think. Keep in mind this is the only club @ my airport. Airshares is not on the westcoast. Ourplane is a bit restrictive contract and pretty expensive.

is the 210 certified for FIKI? That’s always nice to have.

No its not.