selling SR20

I am thinking about selling my 20 and moving up to a 22. Does anyone have any history with any particular broker or sales process. (If management considers this more appropriate for the marketplace, don’t hesitate to move it.)

Jaime Steel of Steel Aviation gets a lot of praise in dealing with used Cirrus aircraft. I believe there have been several recent posts all with positive feedback.

her web address is www.steelaviation.com

good luck!

Just got done using Jaime (again) to do exactly this… sell a 20 and buy a 22. She did an outstanding job, moving the 20 so fast I had to scramble to get a 22 in time. Outstanding all around.

What exactly can a broker do to influence the sale of an airplane?

Don’t most people look on trade-a-plane, aso, controller, etc and then inquire about the plane they are interested in?

Jerry

In reply to:

Don’t most people look on trade-a-plane, aso, controller, etc and then inquire about the plane they are interested in?
Jerry

In reply to:

Jerry

I recently sold my Cherokee Six before purchasing my SR20 through Jaime. I did not use a broker to sell but learned several lessons. If you don’t want to field numerous phone calls, that often do not pan out, I recommend a broker. Over the last three months, I had several phone calls that seemed legitimate, but never amounted to more than someone dreaming about buying an airplane. Also, when you do find a match, the broker helps make the process go smoothly. Jaime handled all of the loan issues, prebuy issues, paperwork, and even coordinated the insurance/transition training requirements for my SR20 delivery. In other words, she took a lot of the hassle out of the process for both me and the seller. Something I could have used when I sold my Cherokee. Finally, a broker has a very good pulse on recent sales and can competitively market your aircraft, which should amount to selling at the best price.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

What can ONE broker do that a DIFFERENT broker can’t to influence interest in a plane?

Jerry