Partnership warranty

Anyone out there in a partnership know the answer to this one: where do you stand with the warranties if the airplane is owned by a partnership? Do all partners have to train at Duluth before being covered?

I have spoken with Bruce Gunter and he says that because of demand, CD hasn’t considered the question of partnerships but I know that there are some. Not to mention the syndicate in Australia.

I am considering signing on the dotted (even have a copy of the comntract in front of me) but am still weighing the pros and cons (new v old / different makes).

Cheers
Rob Bondy

Anyone out there in a partnership know the answer to this one: where do you stand with the warranties if the airplane is owned by a partnership?

I can tell you what has happened here in Australia with our syndicate. The local Cirrus agent has licensed the Wings Aloft training course, and travelled to Seattle for training with Wings Aloft, so he is now accredited to deliver the training here. The five of us have all now received factory approved training here.

I don’t believe Wings Aloft have licensed any other flight schools in the USA, but I am sure that if there were several pilots to train, they would travel to you rather than you having to go to Duluth or Seattle.

Thanks Clyde,

BTW: as an Aussie living in the States, it was good to see one of the “early birds” going back home. How is it operating the plane without air conditioning in QLD?

Cheers
Rob Bondy

Anyone out there in a partnership know the answer to this one: where do you stand with the warranties if the airplane is owned by a partnership?

I can tell you what has happened here in Australia with our syndicate. The local Cirrus agent has licensed the Wings Aloft training course, and travelled to Seattle for training with Wings Aloft, so he is now accredited to deliver the training here. The five of us have all now received factory approved training here.

I don’t believe Wings Aloft have licensed any other flight schools in the USA, but I am sure that if there were several pilots to train, they would travel to you rather than you having to go to Duluth or Seattle.

How is it operating the plane without air conditioning in QLD

Well, it’s still winter here, so I can’t really tell you yet (though the heater is very effective - I’ve flown the plane up to the freezing level, and needed only partial heater to keep the cabin comfortable.

Summer here makes cockpits like ovens, but it’s probably no worse than some parts of the USA in summer. The SR20 will have to be better than a single-door PA28. It’s going to be interesting to see how heavy and expensive the A/C option is. It sure would be nice to have.