Factory Training

Can anyone enlighten me on the factory training that is given with the purchase of a SR20.
Is it given in Deluth or do you HAVE to fly off site to recieve it? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and good flying to all.

Bob

Can anyone enlighten me on the factory training that is given with the purchase of a SR20.
Is it given in Deluth or do you HAVE to fly off site to recieve it? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and good flying to all.

Bob

Bob : All the post have said . That the training is at the delivery factory.And when I was there for tour I met the training staff. It is a diferant company called wings aloft. And they are supose to be very good. Don 215

Bob

Two days of training, provided by Cirrus contractor Wings Aloft, is included with the purchase price of a new aircraft. The training is generally conducted in Duluth, but arrangements can be made to have Wings Aloft fly your plane to another city for training. Any additional costs associated with the transport and training outside of Duluth (or Seattle where Wings is based) is the responsibility of the customer. The cost for additional days of training is currently $1,200, plus expenses. Return airfare for the instructor is also charged.

See also Paul Traina’s website. He writes a little bit about his training flights.

It sounds to me like Wings Aloft takes you through all the procedures. Different landings and take-off, steep turns. Stalls… My sense is they also test your Garmin capabilities, which is why we’re all using that simulator. If you’re IFR rated you shoot a few approaches…etc.

Bob

Two days of training, provided by Cirrus contractor Wings Aloft, is included with the purchase price of a new aircraft. The training is generally conducted in Duluth, but arrangements can be made to have Wings Aloft fly your plane to another city for training. Any additional costs associated with the transport and training outside of Duluth (or Seattle where Wings is based) is the responsibility of the customer. The cost for additional days of training is currently $1,200, plus expenses. Return airfare for the instructor is also charged.

Bob

CORRECTION: Wings Aloft charges $595 per additional day of training or ferrying, plus expenses, rather than $1,200 per day.

Bob

Bob : All the post have said . That the training is at the delivery factory.And when I was there for tour I met the training staff. It is a diferant company called wings aloft. And they are supose to be very good. Don 215

When i picked up my SR20 I had a Wings Aloft pilot do my Checkout on the way from Duliuth to Los Angeles; Good way to work on cross country travel in the Plane; Do some high altitude mountain flying while you have a CFI in the Plane.

Thanks to all who replied. The information given was helpfull. Good day and good flying.

Bob #509