Pamona

I am thinking of going to Pamona this weekend. There is an old car Display and fly in. Has anyone ever been there to let me know if we have to do grass. And if they think there will be alot of Air traffic. And is it worth the flight in from Vegas. Thanks in advance. From Don

In reply to:

There is an old car Display and fly in. Has anyone ever been there to let me know if we have to do grass.

The fly-in is at Cable airport (KCCB), and you can learn all about the airport by clicking here They have a hard-surfaced runway (6/24) 3865 x 75 ft. I’ve been in there. Piece of cake.

Regarding whether you have to do grass, well, that’s up to you [;)], but I’d wait eight hours from gettin’ high to flyin’ high!

Here’s the event info:

The 28th annual Pomona Valley Air Fair will take place from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Jan. 11 and 12 at Cable Airport in Upland.

There will be displays and demonstrations, fly-bys, skydivers, antique aircraft, aerobatics, home-built aircraft, warbirds and airplane rides.

There will be two bi-planes, Cessnas, Pipers and a tri-motor aircraft for the airplane rides.

There will also be an antique car meet and live entertainment.

The event is presented by the Pomona Valley Pilots Association and Chapter 448 of the Experimental Aircraft Association.

Information: (909) 982-6021.

Thanks for the info. I will go sunday the weather is marginal dont want to do ifr with new flyers. From Don

Thanks Gordon But I always alow 10 hours between grass and flying per faaaa regulation no NG45628750096 but the cirrus does not ever like it or should I say I do not allow it for my sr20. It stains the tires And makes it hungry for more Fuel…To much drag. I will be there early on Saterday morning for breakfast. And hang out awhile. I think there an approach. But if it is IFR i will wait till Sunday. From Don

Don,

Cable (KCCB, http://www.cableairport.com/http://www.cableairport.com/, and “The World’s Largest Family-Owned, Public-Use Airport”) is a very cool place with a good restaurant. It has both GPS and VOR approaches to Runway 6. Looking forward to your trip report!

Cheers,
Roger

yep, that airport cafe better stock up . . . people are going to have the post landing munchies.

In reply to:

… people are going to have the post landing munchies.

Some examples of munchies:

Which pic doesn’t belong?

• Mike.