On the auction block

OK, it’s not a Cirrus, but it goes faster, much faster, higher, carries more people, but has no parachute, nor a foum of it’s own, that I know of, but if it did, the forum would also be called COPA. Can you guess?
Auction ends July 20
http://www.auctiontransportation.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000060358

It must be special film if the slides can carry people and go fast. Besides, if we are just talking about pictures, I have ones of much faster aircraft. :slight_smile:

I didn’t even think it was a very good picture.

In reply to:

It must be special film if the slides can carry people and go fast.

You mean it’s not the “aircraft” that is up for auction?
What a bummer. I was going to bid and put it in my yard. It sure would make a great game room.

I think you should pay him his $6 plus the $1 for delivery. Then when only slides show up you can sue for misrepresentation. You can claim you are now an emotional wreck because you publicly announced you were getting a Concorde. You could show how you had already started to inquire about type training. I am sure this will be more about the presentation than the substance so you should do well (sorry - couldn’t help the reference to one of your other posts). When you win, I’ll then claim my half of the millions you get by claiming it was my idea that you stole.

Noticed my posts getting a little weird lately? The doctor says it’s something to do with the high fever. Oh well, at least I can read all of the COPA posts, including the silly ones, for once.

In reply to:

You can claim you are now an emotional wreck because you publicly announced you were getting a Concorde. You could show how you had already started to inquire about type training. I am sure this will be more about the presentation than the substance so you should do well (sorry - couldn’t help the reference to one of your other posts).

Geez Paul. Aren’t we just a bit synical, or is it sinical, or is it synicle. (sorry, couldn’t help ref to other posts.
Anyhow, I would be an emotional wreck if they “did” send me a Concorde. I can’t afford the gas.
BTW, in England, since they measure money in pound denomination, and since Jet fuel is measured in pounds.
Do British jets get their fuel . . . pound for pound?

Ok, so I should have put a funny face in there somewhere.

In reply to:

Geez Paul. Aren’t we just a bit synical, or is it sinical, or is it synicle. (sorry, couldn’t help ref to other posts.
Anyhow, I would be an emotional wreck if they “did” send me a Concorde. I can’t afford the gas.
BTW, in England, since they measure money in pound denomination, and since Jet fuel is measured in pounds.
Do British jets get their fuel . . . pound for pound?

we used to, now it’s all kilos and metres and rubbish like that. The measure of
efficiency (as far as I can tell) has gone from miles per gallon to litres per
100 km, which is bass-ackwards if you ask me.

The real reason for going from gallons to litres was because fuel was so
costly gas (petrol) was over a pound a gallon. Well now it’s just about to
hit a pound a litre so we’ll probably have to switch to something smaller again.

“Please sir, how much Jet-A1 can I buy for 2 groats”

In reply to:

“Please sir, how much Jet-A1 can I buy for 2 groats”

So . . What’s a groat? Is is somthing that grows on your body when you get old??
Hay doc, could you cut off this groat I got on my nose?

In reply to:

we used to, now it’s all kilos and metres and rubbish like that.

I was amused in the UK that you buy two-by-fours by the metre.

A true story: An Italian friend of mine came to the US to ski. While being fitted for rental skis, he was asked the usual questions:
“How tall are you?” “182 centemeters” “No, in feet and inches” He calculates franticly, “Five feet 11 inches” “How long a ski do you want?” The calculations are still fresh, so he proudly answers, “Five feet 9 inches!”

In reply to:

So . . What’s a groat?

I’m not sure, but I come from a long line of them–at least if you follow the German pronunciation. [:)]

In reply to:

I was amused in the UK that you buy two-by-fours by the metre.

I was amused that a 2x4 is 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I could make a lot of
money selling 1/2 x 1/2 s to the masses.

In reply to:

I was amused that a 2x4 is 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I could make a lot of
money selling 1/2 x 1/2 s to the masses.

Yes, but when you put 1/2 sheetrock on each side they finish to 4 inches. And it saves tons of trees for the liberal tree huggers in the group.

In reply to:

Yes, but when you put 1/2 sheetrock on each side they finish to 4 inches. And it saves tons of trees for the liberal tree huggers in the group.

err . if you put 1/2" of sheetrock on each side of a 3 1/2" piece of wood it would finish to 4 1/2"
[:)]

In reply to:

err . if you put 1/2" of sheetrock on each side of a 3 1/2" piece of wood it would finish to 4 1/2"

There in lies the rub, half inch sheetrock is not either, it is more like 3/8. America what a country

In reply to:

America what a country.

Yes. And let’s not forget that America is metricating… inch by inch.

• M.

In reply to:

Yes. And let’s not forget that America is metricating… inch by inch.

• M.

I work in metric world and live somewhere in between and I get as confused as NASA somedays.