note to self

Purchased: 8 sectional charts, & west/central approach plates, insurance, gatts jar, chocks

Todo: 2 SR20 headsets, bungee cord, bruce’s cover

Fluff to consider: creative nomad MP3 jukebox

Purchased: 8 sectional charts, & west/central approach plates, insurance, gatts jar, chocks

Gee, Paul, sounds like you’re getting ready to take a trip real soon. Should we expect a trip report in the near future?

-Mike

I seem to remember some talk about the

Headset jacks being 'nonstandard’in

the SRs.Do I have to buy a whole
cockpit full of new headsets? Why would

cirrus do this.Ive never seen a variation

in the Jack plugs in any air tug Ive

ever flown.

Dang, should have gift-wrapped that leftover quart of straight-weight mineral oil. Ah well, hopefully I’ll be able to use it next month.

Have fun, let the other guys do most of the drinking the night before, and eat a steak for us! Watch out for the strolling polka band at the Pickwick. Oh, and don’t forget your sandals for the photo op–you need to keep up Walt’s tradition. :wink:

I seem to remember some talk about the

Headset jacks being 'nonstandard’in

the SRs.

Negative. The jacks are standard, just the ships power jacks that are non-standard (but there is no standard for these anyway, so they’re neither standard nor non-standard!) Regular headsets will work just fine.

No, the “SR20 headsets” are just Lightspeed headsets that have had their filtering tweaked to match a SR20 really well. Generic ANR headsets will work just fine.

I’m buying two of the SR20 headsets for the front passengers, and will recycle my LS20K and Pilot headset for the back passengers.

I really like those Bose X headsets, they seem to be much lighter weight and less bulky than my Lightspeeds, but I think that the lightspeeds actually sound better, and they cost half as much as the Bose. Can’t argue with that.