N566DP

It is with immense pleasure that I announce the arrival of N566DP to its new home at Addison (ADS) airport in far north Dallas. My experience was much the same as Bill Graham and others who have taken delivery. By that I mean the (very) long wait was worth it (since Jan. 25, 1997), the people at Cirrus were extermely gracious and helpful, and the plane is a dream to fly (or even look at.) I had the same experience of drawing a crowd virtually every where you go. Interestingly, one of the most common comments, in addition to the predictable regarding the CAPS, control stick, etc., is that it is simply aesthetically a good looking airplane.

I had no trouble adjusting to the plane. My main difficulty was getting comfortable with the Garmin 430, though I love it more and more as I get more familiar, though part of it is still overwhelming. (For frame of reference, I have about 3100 hours, much of it in high performance USAF fighter type in the 60s, and the last several years in Bonanzas.) The features I enjoy most about the SR-20: very easy access (doors), electric trim, large MFD, semi-"stick" versus yoke,, ergonomics (everything in close proximity), speed, cost (especially at 1997 price), Garmin, three-blade prop (yes, it's about that sexy look), forward visibility (high seats), aut-pilot, seat belts. The only thing I can think of I don't like is trying to control the nose wheel while pushing backwards. In summary I love it!

Congrats on getting your new baby. Glad to see one in the area.

Bernie, what does “in the area” mean? Where do you fly out of. I have trying to find out if any position holders were in the DFW area. The closet I have been able to locate is Houston.

I have been flying out of Northwest Regional Airport. I know of another contract holder near Eagle Mountain Lake who is in the mid 200’s.

I just finished building a house and hanger at Pecan Plantation (Granbury) so I should be ready for my airplane this summer.

Bernie, what does “in the area” mean? Where do you fly out of. I have trying to find out if any position holders were in the DFW area. The closet I have been able to locate is Houston.