Moving to a Cirrus?

No flame, but it sounds like you need a break. This is an internet forum. If people – that includes you – have thoughts, opinions and suggestions, they are free to post them. There is no COPA rule that provides that responses must be narrowly limited to the specific question asked.

You should give that some thought. Maybe you have a good reason for not joining. Maybe you don’t know what you are missing.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I appreciate everyone’s sentiment on this subject. My view is that one can never assimilate too much knowledge and any vehicle I need to get the information I need is a good one. I have indeed learned a lot in the past week or so since joining COPA. True there are things that don’t pertain to me … yet… but may in the future. I find that just being a voyeur can lead to great information. I did the same with the Socata Owners Group and felt good about my purchase after having the experience to talk with other owners and learn of their ownership challenges. I am at the very early stages of weighing my options regarding selling my airplane, what I might buy and when. I look forward to more interaction n this site.

Fair Winds,

Dave

Everyone needs to chill and grab a beer… effective immediately.

Why can’t you just answer Timm’s questions or if you don’t feel you wanted to share your opinion - LEAVE IT ALONE!! … You should chill and grab a beer… bla, bla… Its almost religous. Give me a break.

Why should one grab a beer when investigating about a certain pilots congregation??! Yes, its only a fraction of the cost of a good white tea, but maybe he is looking into hard liquor as well. So become a member of AA as well. How about drugs - Yeah, become an NA member!! Legal discussions? Here you go…

I actually drink tea and I always refused for some reason to booze. I just don’t know why.

Timm, don’ know much about you except what you posted just now.

Almost religious? Actually, it is a belief system, but not based on a deity.

Were you aware that COPA members, as a group, have a better safety record flying Cirrus aircraft than non-members? By some calculations, perhaps a four times better safety record with fewer fatal accidents? And more parachute saves?

We care about your safety as a Cirrus pilot. COPA member or not. Fly safely.

Cheers
Rick

Probably because most of us think of booze as a noun. And usually chilled. And often associated with stimulating conversation …

Cheers
Rick

I know why. It is a result of what is known in California as “The Incident in Menlo Park.”

Good to see you have recovered from that. [6]

Actually, the question was I would be interested in ownership experiences from anyone out there willing to share.

A totally appropriate response would be to describe where the answer to the question lies - in this case on the COPA member pages. Sounds like a legitimate reply to me.

Anyways, Timm,

I know you are a New Jersey guy like me - though I work in the city. How about this, one day when you are in Manhattan we’ll get together for a jam session. Busting balls is part of the overall experience of being an aviator - and as a group we do a lot of it. But we are also all professionals here in our own domains. Let me know what ya think and i’ll put something together, hell maybe I’ll even bring a nugget along for the beer.

I hope you do join us. I need the company. Some days I feel like I’m the only cranky and irrational person in here.

Mike

Plane & Pilot magazine this month lists their number three tip for buying an airplane is to join owner groups before you buy.

Membership in COPA

All interested individuals are welcome to join.You don’t have to own or fly a Cirrus to join COPA. We especially encourage everyone considering becoming a Cirrus pilot or owner to join. *** Our membership includes pilots with a wide range of experience, and low- and
high-time pilots are all well represented. Our membership also includes
many Cirrus renter pilots, student pilots, and even non-pilots thinking
about learning to fly.***

If you are considering buying a Cirrus, you will find COPA membership
resources invaluable in familiarizing yourself with Cirrus aircraft. The COPA membership is welcoming of newcomers and open to answering your
questions on the active COPA forums.

Annual membership fee $65, which includes a subscription to Cirrus Pilot magazine, access to the COPA members website and member-only forums, and eligibility to attend other COPA events and activities (additional fees apply to some activities).

Boy Tim…I sure feel left out …I’m talking to Mike Bush …we want equal representation!!! Haber! HHHHAAAABBBERRRRR!!! where are you???

[:D][:P]

[;)]

(BTW the invite is MUCH clearer now!! Thanks for all your wonderful webness!!

R

Jim

Tim,

Might be valuable and encouraging to modify

“Our membership includes pilots with a wide range of experience, and low-
and high-time pilots are all well represented. Our membership also includes many Cirrus renter pilots, student pilots, and even non-pilots thinking about learning to fly.”

to something like…

Our membership includes mechanics and avionics experts and pilots with a wide range of experience. ** Low**and high-time pilots are all well represented. Our membership also includes many Cirrus renter pilots, student pilots, and even non-pilots thinking about learning to fly.

To be inclusive, we should also maybe add: “and people whose only known qualification is the possession of $65.”

Sanjay

It would be more accurate to say “and people whose only known qualification is the availability of $65 of credit.” as people could of course use their credit card to pay for membership and then simply never pay the credit card company.

I feel very much disenfranchised and upset by this obvious slight…us aviation survival experts have feelings too…

Doug,

I feel so ashamed[:'(]

Tim, please fix my suggested wording!

Dave,

I’m pretty new to COPA (two years) and flying (700 hours). I’ve progressed from training in a cub to a Cherokee to a SR20 and just bought a SR22TN. I have found this group to be invaluable- the best money in aviation. This year I plan to do migration and CPPP-- can’t wait to learn more.

Along with all the teaching comes a lot of passion. Don’t take it personally. The chiefs here only want to help. And everyone has a lot to offer.

As for upgrading- I can’t tell you how surprised I am that I bought another Cirrus. When we got into the 20, I thought I’d move to a Bonanza or a Baron next. No way. The Cirrus is that good and it fits my mission perfectly (Eastern half of the US business trips and occasional vacations). Right now the values on used gear are amazing.

Let me know if I can help.