migration route

I’m looking for advice of a route from Long Island to Duluth for the migration, then on to Spokane Wa.
I was thinking ISP - Niagra - Mackinac Island - DHL but don’t know if that’s too desolate a route. (The over water portion ins’t a concern.)
The DLH - Spokane route seems to be over much more god forsaken country, but I’ve only seen that from 35K feet .
The rerurn would be via Santa Fe - Chicago - ISP.
Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated

Thanks

John

Too desolate a route??!! John, that reminds me of the famous New Yorker cover by Steinberg showing how a New Yorker looks at the world.
Your route seems fine to me. IAG is a nice stop as is Mackinaw. Then you fly over the UP of Michigan (and yes, there are airports up there in the event of an emergency) to DLH. The last I checked you can’t get fuel at Mackinaw. Plan to fill up at Pellston (PLN)
DLH to GEG does take you over more desolate terrain and it will help to have oxygen on board.
See you in DLH

Jerry
Do you have any “worthwhile sights to see” from DLH-GEG.
I’d hate to make a long trip & find out I passed over or 100 miles from something outstanding

Thanks

John

Have you ever flown V430 west from Grand Forks or are the MEA’s too high ( I’d like to stay below 13K)

John,
No, I’ve never flown out west using a route that far north.
In fact the majority of my flying is east of the Mississippi River.
I have made a number of trips to California but most of them were in pressurized twins. I have made the trip in a Bonanza and non pressurized Baron but never in my Cirrus (we are planning a trip to Oregon and Washington in October).
My favorite stops are Rapid City (for Mount Rushmore) and the area around Jackson Hole/Yellostone, but that’s a bit south of your route. Regarding the MEAs it is usually easy to stay below MEAs if you fly VFR. Remember that MEAs provide obstruction clearance AND radio reception over the entire airway segment. The MOCA (if published) is often quite a bit lower than the MEA. Also if you look at the airways on a Sectional you will see that a small deviation from the airway can keep you away from the higher terrain.
See you in DLH and I’ll elaborate further.