Membership Question

I’m interested in joining. I’m a SR-20 renter. Can someone clarify how I should respond in the “tell us about your aircraft” section of the on-line application please.

Thanks

In reply to:

I’m interested in joining. I’m a SR-20 renter. Can someone clarify how I should respond in the “tell us about your aircraft” section of the on-line application please.
Thanks

You can leave items blank if they don’t apply to you.

• Mike.

In reply to:

I’m interested in joining. I’m a SR-20 renter…

I truly hope you join!.. I joined well before ever flying a Cirrus, and it has been well worth it…great flying tips welcome you “behind the wall”, and there’s the CPPP, the excellent comraderie, just to name just a few items you’ll enjoy…a word of warning, there is so much info that someone posted a bit ago that is was like “drinking from a fire hose”

In reply to:

I truly hope you join!.. I joined well before ever flying a Cirrus, and it has been well worth it…great flying tips welcome you “behind the wall”, and there’s the CPPP, the excellent comraderie, just to name just a few items you’ll enjoy…a word of warning, there is so much info that someone posted a bit ago that is was like “drinking from a fire hose”

Clif,
Your post reminded me of one I did on the Members Discussion forum a few months back. I’ll go ahead and repeat it here. The post was titled “Karaoke Toon”.

I wish I could draw, but I can’t. If I could, I would have drawn what I have in my head - a depiction of how the Members Discussion forum must seem to someone who’s just joined us, and is reading this forum for the first time. It seems to me that it would be a lot like trying to take a drink from a firehose.
As Karaoke is to real singing, so my cartooning effort is to the real thing.

I shamelessly ‘borrowed’ someone’s drawing skill - I found a cartoon on the web, without attribution, so I don’t even know whom to acknowledge - and changed the text. The result is a wide picture, so I won’t include it - you can view it by clicking here.

Don’t feel like clicking that link? OK, here it is – but you’ll need your magnifying glass for this version.

If I could draw, that’s what I would have drawn.

• Mike.

Classic…I really look forward to actually meeting you, see how you are closer to the Pacific than the Atlantic now days…

BTW…it still says you’re from the Garden State…in denial?

In reply to:

Classic…I really look forward to actually meeting you, see how you are closer to the Pacific than the Atlantic now days…
BTW…it still says you’re from the Garden State…in denial?

Clif,

Nope - the move isn’t until the last week of June, about eight more weeks.

• Mike.

Mike,
I had to laugh at the firehose cartoon. It was the same effect in medical school, but not quite as much fun. (Higher pressure hose). I am looking forward to meeting you in person, now that you are out here. (sort of) I am renting out of Camarillo, about 30hrs in their 03 20, and 1.3 hrs in the new G2. Clif and I have flown together in his OUR PLANE 22 and hope to do some more flying together. What a great group of people on this site, you being one of the best.

Scott

In reply to:

Mike,
I had to laugh at the firehose cartoon. It was the same effect in medical school, but not quite as much fun. (Higher pressure hose). I am looking forward to meeting you in person, now that you are out here. (sort of) I am renting out of Camarillo, about 30hrs in their 03 20, and 1.3 hrs in the new G2. Clif and I have flown together in his OUR PLANE 22 and hope to do some more flying together. What a great group of people on this site, you being one of the best.

Scott,

Thanks for all the COPA praise - I’m very proud of the comaraderie that we have among our members; I think it’s at least unusual among G.A. type clubs, and maybe even unique. Yesterday I was chatting with a COPA member who also belongs to the TBM club, which he said was fairly active, but people posted mostly about issues and problems. He commented about the “spirit” that we have, and said that a significant motivator for him to want to buy a Cirrus is so that he can participate more actively on our forum – wow!

I look forward to meeting the COPA folks “on the other side” - including you and Clif!

• Mike.