Looking for wheel fairing cap for main gear- 2002 SR22

Looking for a source to buy a replacement for the plastic cap that goes on the outside of the main fairing for a 2002 Cirrus SR22. It’s the cap you remove to check the air pressure in the tires. Any suggestions?

I may have a couple on my old wheel pants if interested.

Thanks Jeff. I would be interested. How much do you want for them?

Just shipping is fine.

Let me get out to the Hanger tomorrow and I’ll make sure there ok for you.

PM me your shipping address and e mail and I’ll send some pics of them tomorrow. Do you need two or just the one?

That’s a standard part on a zillion Cessna aircraft. I think the cost is about a buck.

regards, Don

In that case, would be cheaper for you to try to source locally. If you can’t find ine let me know.

I’ll stick with your offer Jeff. Just to clarify I am looking for a Cirrus wheel fairing cap, not a Cessna part as the other guy referenced. I’ve only had my 2002 Cirrus SR22 for 4 months and I’m still learning where to get parts for it. If there are a “zillion” of these caps out there I sure wish I knew where to find just 2 of them. I looked on the internet and couldn’t find any. I found a salvage yard that was selling it for $20 plus $19 in shipping. $40 for a plastic cap is crazy.

Don, where do you get your Cirrus parts? I wish I could find a zillion of these for $1 each, I only found one and the price was crazy.

Ok, just send me your info. My price sounds like it’s right [;)]

jeff

Thanks again Jeff.

Jeff. I sent you a PM already.

Nice looking plane. Same colors as my buddies plane.

Nylon hole plug, 2’ hole diameter, 2.140" head diameter. $3.83 for a pack of 25 http://www.zorotools.com/g/00056803/k-g3376904/

Thanks.

Wow, that is amazing Paul. How in the world did you stumble on this information and website? Great info.

You don’t really think Cirrus had these manufactured specially, do you?

via COPAme
Asus Nexus 7

I think they have gone up in price. I bought a package of 25 for $2.50 three years ago.

I have a bunch of spares as well (upgraded to new wheel pants) if you need some.

Thanks David.

I bought 2 of these from the local service center for $2 a few years ago. If you live near a SC, you might check with them.