LCD screens

In my continuing quest to evaluate all of these planes… Does anyone now if it is possible to put in one of those new LCD screens with charts, etc. in the Sr20, perhaps in place of the moving map?

In my continuing quest to evaluate all of these planes… Does anyone now if it is possible to put in one of those new LCD screens with charts, etc. in the Sr20, perhaps in place of the moving map?

The ARNAV display that is in the SR20 is capable of displaying the same stuff, the problem is that ARNAV have been somewhat slow about actually getting these applications in place.

It will be interesting to see over the next year or so where the ARNAV ends up being positioned relative to the competition. I suspect if they don’t deliver the goods, Cirrus will be looking at alternatives.

As to the possibility of a retrofit, there should be no reason why not. The ARNAV display is not TSO’ed or part of any certification requirement, it is for reference only, so the only obstacle to replacing it would be the cost.