Latest ferry drama - engine problems

Where things are askew is that CD should have taken the fight on behalf of their customers and used any leverage of theirs to facilitate corrective action from TCM.

With a failure rate of 25% it is probably time to either TSO a new (lycoming or franklin) engine or at least get an STC to give people a choice.

I would accept all this engine problems with a new Diesel or something new. But not the old TCM. Specially not getting the service. TCM should be sending out replacements (complete engines) There is such a thing as customer service. I know we don’t have much of a choice, but as soon as we have are we going to get a TCM? If they are not taking care of the customers now why should we give them any of our coins… I want my Diesel. I remember the days that we all went to Japanese cars because ours just did not meet the standards… TCM you are next… What I feel bad is that this also reflects on Cirrus. I bet they would get great customer service from TCM if we started getting other engines in our birds. I am game Cirrus, I will take one that burns that oily stuff…

Have a great Cirrus day

Woor

pilot4hire@bigfoot.com

We are buying an airplane from Cirrus and paying Cirus for it. We did not deal with TCM So, why should we have to deal with TCM when there is an engine problem or for that matter with any other vendors (Garmin, ARNAV, etc.) in case of problems. Cirrus should handel the problem by replacing the engine and deal with TCM on their own. It makes me feel like CD ispassing the problem to make it easier for them. We don’t deal with suppliers of engines when we buy cars, we don’t deal with suppliers of parts when we buy electronics. Why should we deal with suppliers of the SR20? This is a major problem in handling customer problems, because we did not choose to deal with these companies, Cirrus did and they are the ones that have the purchasing and money relationships with them and not us.

In relative terms the SR20 is Chevy or Ford priced - BMW priced would be in the $400,000 to $600,000 range.

Pay that kind of price and I’m sure Cirrus would write you a special warranty and give BMW-like service.

You are both wrong!

You are the one who is DEAD wrong!

I am a customer and I am buying A (as in one) product from Cirrus, I am not buying a basket of products which includes parts (like the engine) and putting them together. When I buy a product I buy the warranty to go with it. Toyota gives you the warranty from he tire company, but if you buy a new car and have problems with the tires, Toyota stands behind the problem. I recently had an engine problem with a BMW 740i - Model 1994. The warranty has long expired. Would you believe BMW put in a brand new engine for me! I hve no idea what the problem was or how much this brand new 8 cylinder engine costs but I love BMW for this act and I would buy BMWs for the rest of my life and recommend it to everyone. Can Clyde say this about Cirrus - TCM, honestly? I also have had tire problems with new cars and the dealer has taken care of the problems as well.

We expect BMW quality and BMW like serce from Cirrus. What the warranty says, does not matter in extreme cases. They should do what makes sense.

I still think you are wrong, but if you insist when you have problems with your Cirrus, don’t call them, take care of it yourself and that may speed up service for those who believe CIRRUS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS.

You are both wrong!

You are the one who is DEAD wrong!

I am a customer and I am buying A (as in one) product from Cirrus, I am not buying a basket of products which includes parts (like the engine) and putting them together. When I buy a product I buy the warranty to go with it. Toyota gives you the warranty from he tire company, but if you buy a new car and have problems with the tires, Toyota stands behind the problem. I recently had an engine problem with a BMW 740i - Model 1994. The warranty has long expired. Would you believe BMW put in a brand new engine for me! I hve no idea what the problem was or how much this brand new 8 cylinder engine costs but I love BMW for this act and I would buy BMWs for the rest of my life and recommend it to everyone. Can Clyde say this about Cirrus - TCM, honestly? I also have had tire problems with new cars and the dealer has taken care of the problems as well.

We expect BMW quality and BMW like serce from Cirrus. What the warranty says, does not matter in extreme cases. They should do what makes sense.

I still think you are wrong, but if you insist when you have problems with your Cirrus, don’t call them, take care of it yourself and that may speed up service for those who believe CIRRUS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS.

I agree with you Reza, Cirrus must coordinate this not the customer. A company that belives in customer service must be willing to accept some loss if that is what it takes to satisfy a customer.