Its finally delivered

Picked up N706CD (SR22) after a 4 year wait. What a machine, it is everything I hoped for more and well worth the wait. The folks at Cirrus are wonderful, training from Wings Aloft was excellent (John Fiscus was my CFI, hightly recommeded). I had no squawks at all at delivery. Empty weight came in low at 2229 lbs (with the stormscope. Flight home to Phoenix was a joy, just had to go around that messy weather over the midwest. Only shock was the fuel burn, its 2X what I am accustomed to in my Tiger, but the perfomance makes it more than a reasonable trade. Good luck to those in line, they have many in the pipeline and they are running at or above 1 per day.

Roger

Congrats. Got my “sign off” demo flight today in the SR22 here in Santa Barbara. Flew it. Loved it. Signed. Now I wait. Glad to hear your production report.

Gordon

Picked up N706CD (SR22) after a 4 year wait. What a machine, it is everything I hoped for more and well worth the wait. The folks at Cirrus are wonderful, training from Wings Aloft was excellent (John Fiscus was my CFI, hightly recommeded). I had no squawks at all at delivery. Empty weight came in low at 2229 lbs (with the stormscope. Flight home to Phoenix was a joy, just had to go around that messy weather over the midwest. Only shock was the fuel burn, its 2X what I am accustomed to in my Tiger, but the perfomance makes it more than a reasonable trade. Good luck to those in line, they have many in the pipeline and they are running at or above 1 per day.

Roger

Congratulations. Welcome to the club and many happy landings!

Han (N144CD, production #34 picked it up exactly one year ago, how time flies when you’re having furn…)

Roger

What fuel burn are you getting on this thing at what altitude and % power, KTAS, etc?

Roger

Roger, congratulations on getting your new bird home! 208CD didn’t get back home to Iowa from Duluth until Sunday. 4 days to go 300NM, yikes.

If you ever need a deal on hanger space and a car for a few days Charles City, Iowa is the place to be. 208CD spent 3 nights in a heated hanger (heat not necessary but it sure was nice to get it out of the weather) and I was loaned the airport car for 3 days all for $20. Glad t obe home.

Stuart

Its got a heathly burn rate. Take off power at sea level is 27 GPH. 75% at 8000 ft is around 18 GPH. At that altitude I am beating book by about 2 to 3 kts, but you better be looking for gas often. 75% at 6.5 on the first leg was 3.5 hours and 61 gals. On my route home I had to go high, and it awful efficient up there. Spent some time at 15.5, burnt about 13GPH but was getting about 175 tas. Flight from SLC to PHX was mostly at 13.5, again about 13 to 14 GPH. Made PHX in 2.5 hours on 41 gals (with some help from a tailwind).

Roger

What fuel burn are you getting on this thing at what altitude and % power, KTAS, etc?