icing

unless i ask it, stupid or not, i wont know…

how does the cirrus cope with icing? no boots or other ways of getting rid of it that i know, it would quickly affect performance very seriously I imagine. do I take it from this that any possible icing condition is an absolute no go? many thanks for any clarifications.

stef

how does the cirrus cope with icing? no boots or other ways of getting rid of it that i know, it would quickly affect performance very seriously I imagine. do I take it from this that any possible icing condition is an absolute no go? many thanks for any clarifications.

stef

I describe my plane as certified for flight FROM known icing!

The wing is also much more dependent on laminar flow than spam cans, so it is very vulnerable to ice.

-Curt

Rumor has it that Cirrus is developing a “hot wing” system using embedded coils in the leading edge(s) and a 3rd alternator.

Available next year? Known ice certification? Don’t know.

Gordon

stef

The wing is VERY SENSITIVE to ice. On the way home from Duluth, I picked up just a touch of ice (which I quickly avoided) and you noticed it immediately in reduced airspeed of about 15 kts.

stef