Departing mid-Jan2020 with two very good friends on a 16-day flying adventure… US West Coast to East Coast, followed by 5 islands in the Caribbean.
- How far in advance do you start planning?
- What methods and tools do you use?
- For multi-day trips, are you mostly flying with family, friends, and/or fellow pilots?
- How do you research the climate in the region?
- How do you watch for weather trends say a couple weeks out?
- If you have several possible destinations, do you prioritize a high activity level or tranquility?
- What safety measures do you take when flying over water?
- Do you enjoy the “planning” portion just as much as the trip itself, or is planning drudgery for you?
- Regarding specifically the Caribbean… any thoughts/questions/suggestions?
Thoughts, questions, and suggestions? I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for your insight and enjoy the video!
Wayne, the GeezerGeek Pilot