Do we need a Plan B already!? Weather Analysis for Flying the Caribbean...

A short update on how the Weather is looking for our departure mid-January 2020 for the Caribbean.

1. What’s your strategy for dealing with storm fronts… is eastbound travel different than westbound?
  2. Is 1 week before departure too soon to look at weather forecasts? Pros/cons?
  3. What tools do you use to analyze weather more than say 3 days out?
  4. On a long trip, do you avoid booking lodging in advance?
    Thoughts, questions, and suggestions? I’d love to hear from you.
    Thanks for your insight and enjoy the video!
    Wayne, the GeezerGeek Pilot

This line like most is moving from west to east. So if you are flying westbound, and cannot find a good/safe option, and cannot go around, then you can land prior to front and allow it to pass over you. Some are moving more rapidly than others.

I am hoping to fly from ATL area to New Orleans. Just starting to plan regarding weather. Hoping it will move far enough north to allow passage south by late Saturday afternoon. However, if not, then Sunday departure.

Wayne: Hi. It sounds like a fun trip. I hope the three of you have a great time. If you ever are interested in other planes/pilots joining you in the future, let me know. I’m jealous!!! Cheers, Chuck[H]

Chuck, thanks for the kind wishes!

I’m always up for joining on trips or collaborating on causes… do you happen to fly PilotsNPaws, AngelFlight, or LightHawk?

All the best,
Wayne

Wes, whatever for??? Is there something going on in New Orleans this weekend?

Wayne: Yes. I’m an AngelFlight pilot. I guess you are too. Thanks for your service!! Chuck

Likewise, Chuck, thanks for your service. Maybe one day we’ll do a patient handoff mission.

Wayne