Home Delivery

Has anyone had Wings Aloft deliver their new SR20 to their home field and funded the instructor’s expenses? If so, can you give a report about how everything went? Wings Aloft assure me that it will work out well.

Has anyone had Wings Aloft deliver their new SR20 to their home field and funded the instructor’s expenses? If so, can you give a report about how everything went? Wings Aloft assure me that it will work out well.

This sounds like a great idea and may even save you money since you won’t have to travel. CAVEAT: Those who picked up their Cirrus in Duluth and wrote on the forum almost always mentioned a few squawks picked up on the buyer’s inspection that Cirrus was willing and able to fix immediately. I would think this is typical of any new airplane, automobile, etc. For example, you notice a scratch on the tail or the leather seat has a thread loose. You won’t have that same opportunity – your squawks, if any, will have to fixed later (at an authorized service center?). They may have been minor squawks, I don’t know, but it’s still an inconvenience later on.

John, I’m not sure this is what you meant; I didn’t have WA deliver my plane to my home field, but I did have them give me the factory training and then accompany me back to my home field. If you can do that it is a great opportunity and I can highly recommend them. As Gary said, it is good to spend a few days flying around Duluth to easily fix any minor or more significant problems that may crop up. Email me with any other questions. Thanks, Scott k (Saratoga, CA)