Great ad in April AOPA mag

I don’t want to sound like a blasphemer by praising Lancair on this website, but have you seen their ad in the April AOPA magazine on page 137?

It reads “Lancair Columbia. Tower requests a fly-by.” Oh man, doesn’t that appeal to any pilot’s

ego?

Surely you could just as easily subsitute Cirrus

in the ad, but you have to give credit to Lancair’s advertising agency for coming up with a

great ad. I thought their last Lancair ad was

great, do you remember the “Hoocheemama” ad?

But this one takes the cake.

Maybe it’s because I’m flying a '68 Cherokee, which has been great and reliable for me, but

who wouldn’t love a chance to own a plane that

other’s lust after.

All you Cirrus and Lancair pilots are lucky dogs.

Please forgive me, if you ever catch me drooling on your plane.

Bert,

Lucky dogs we are indeed. I’m sure I speak for many when I say that we enjoy the attention we get wherever we go - even if it does mean that we are often delayed because of it!

As for drool… I carry a roll of paper towels… and that’s still for my OWN drool!

:slight_smile:

Mike.

I don’t want to sound like a blasphemer by praising Lancair on this website, but have you seen their ad in the April AOPA magazine on page 137?

OK, OK, Lancair has a better ad agency. Their ads are well done.

But, Cirrus pilots can still beat up Lancair Columbia pilots, 'cause we outnumber them ten to one!

Seriously, most people will agree that the Columbia 300 and 400 are outstanding airplanes and any pilot would be proud to own one. There’s still plenty of room in general aviation for innovation, and I’m rooting for both Cirrus and Lancair to be successful.

Bert,

Lucky dogs we are indeed. I’m sure I speak for many when I say that we enjoy the attention we get wherever we go - even if it does mean that we are often delayed because of it!

As for drool… I carry a roll of paper towels… and that’s still for my OWN drool!

:slight_smile:

Mike.

I just am wondering. If theycan only build afew airplanes ayear. Why such expensive advertising. Do you thing they are ready to ramp up. I dont understand thsi I have not seen any ads for sr20 or sr22 good idea I think untill the work load gets down to 1 year.Why spend the dollers i know When I have more work than I can produce i dont run ads. From Don #215

OK, OK, Lancair has a better ad agency. Their ads are well done.

But, Cirrus pilots can still beat up Lancair Columbia pilots, 'cause we outnumber them ten to one!

Seriously, most people will agree that the Columbia 300 and 400 are outstanding airplanes and any pilot would be proud to own one. There’s still plenty of room in general aviation for innovation, and I’m rooting for both Cirrus and Lancair to be successful.

I suspect that if Lancair had the backlog that Cirrus has, we wouldn’t be seeing the ad.