Garmin download corrupt file

I have a 2022 SR22T and have downloaded my updates monthly with ease. This week my US IFR/VFR charts 2310 doesn’t want to load and the says “Corrupt” in yellow. I have deleted my hard disc twice and re downloaded from my computer/ card reader to no success. Any other hints or tricks to make this work? Thanks for your consideration.

I’ve been dealing with the same issue for several months now. It’s entirely frustrating.

When I first encountered the problem, I did the updates several times, erased and reformatted and then replaced the SD Card. Then I was advised to delete all the databases on the plane and reinstall from a card, which I did. What I wasn’t told was that the Checklists were also on the panel to be deleted! So the databases loaded cleanly but no checklists. I had to scrub flights while I figured out how to reload those.

Now, every time I go to do updates I get some kind of problem. My previously updated files won’t move to Active, even though nothing shows as corrupt. JDM also won’t transfer the latest charts file any longer, gives me an error message but no defined path to fix it.

Tearing my hair out with it.

Trey, thanks for the response. I contacted Jepp and they sent me the following info:
Hello, here are the steps to delete internal databases to resolve the corrupt ifr/vfr charts error:

In some G1000NXI configurations you are able to delete individual or all databases from either the Active or Standby source. Here are the steps to access the Page Menu if the unit is capable:

Turn the large FMS Knob to select the Aux page group on the MFD.
Turn the small FMS Knob to select the Database page group on the MFD.
Press the Menu Key.
Turn the small FMS Knob to select your preference ‘Delete All Internal Databases’ or ‘Delete Individual Databases’
From the Delete Individual Database Menu → Select Source either Active or Standby → Using the small FMS knob you can scroll down to the individual databases you wish to Retain or Delete
Once your selections are complete a message in yellow will display which databases will be deleted during the next on-ground restart

I also sent this to my Cirrus service center.

Cheers,

Jeff

I just had the EXACT same issue, with the same database.

That can’t be a coincidence…

How did you re-load the checklists ?

Well, I just tried it again and deleted the database. To my added frustration, everything is now deleted including my checklists! I will be downloading my database tomorrow and trying again. This can’t be a coincidence!

I don’t have the link any longer but it was on the Garmin site. You just add it to the SD card and it uploads easily … unlike the other ones!

I found an easy solution.

I wiped the SD card, and re-downloaded all of the databases.

Apparently the G1000 detected the later creation date of the new file, and proceeded to copy the database over the downloaded, corrupted one, even though the version was the same.

Issue fixed.

1 Like

Hi

I had the same issue.

Can someone tell me where the Cirrus checklist is?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi

I can’t find the Cirrus Perspective + checklist to download and install - not on Garmin site as far as I can see nor on the Cirrus site. Can someone help please?

Thanks

Andrew

I will PM you the files momentarily.

Thanks so much

Which SR are you flying, 20 or 22 and if the latter, is it a T and does it have FIKI?

Hi Hans

It is a NA without FIKI - 2023 G6

Thanks

Andrew

Check your PMs.

Hello there
I just deleted my checklist for my sr22t with fiki

P or P+?

P+
:disappointed:

Check your PMs.

I, like others had problems with the Charts file being corrupt…obviously a systemic problem and I am disappointed it has not been acknowledged by Jeppesen.

I have a 2021 G6 and deleting individual databases was not an option as outlined in Jeff’s procedure. I was forced to delete all databases and used this procedure successfully, please note I had to call Jeppesen for part of it.

I use Mac so I formatted my update card to Fat 32 and was about to download the databases when I noticed on the JDM downloader that four of the database files were not effective (Orange), until next week. I called Jeppesen and they reset my download history so I would have the option to download both the current and the future database files.

In the JDM app you must clear the Cache:
In the JFM App click “JDM” int he upper left.
Select “Tech Support”.
Move over to “Clear Cache”.
I closed the App and reopened at which point I was able to download all of the current files onto my freshly formatted card.

In the airplane I turned on Batt 1 and Batt 2.
Enter Fuel, Enter W&B.
Now at the Map screen on the MFD.
Press the Menu Key.
Turn the small FMS Knob to select preference ‘Delete All Internal Databases’ (there were no other options).
Once all the databases were deleted I turn off Batt1 and Batt2.

Insert update card in the upper slot.
In the airplane I turned on Batt 1 and Batt 2.
Enter Fuel, Enter W&B.
Now at the Map screen on the MFD.
Once the sync is complete I did a restart via the “restart” button as indicated on the screen.
Enter Fuel, Enter W&B.
Now at the Map screen on the MFD, I noticed I had map data.
Turn the small FMS Knob to select the Database page group on the MFD. All databases current and active.
Charts functioning properly.

Hope that helps.