G2 speed increase

The articles say that the SR22 G2 has a 5 kt speed increase, is this true for the SR20 G2 also? Steve

In reply to:

The articles say that the SR22 G2 has a 5 kt speed increase, is this true for the SR20 G2 also? Steve

Steve,

The best I can do is show you a photo taken earlier today on my trip home from Duluth. Check out the TAS. Also note the ground speed . And yes, this is a real untouched photo of a new G2, SR20.

Sorry, see following for attachment.

In reply to:

Steve,
The best I can do is show you a photo taken earlier today on my trip home from Duluth. Check out the TAS. Also note the ground speed . And yes, this is a real untouched photo of a new G2, SR20.

Where is the pic, I was in Minneapolis on Wed, had to wait on Cheney, love holding in an RJ. Still have the smile I guess

In reply to:

Steve,
Sorry, see following for attachment.

See the photo.

Just posted it, check now.

Congrats!

That’s pretty impressive.

Do you recall your fuel flow? I ask because I sometimes lean back to about 12 gph (waaay LOP) at comparable altitudes and see comparable airspeeds.

But I’m in an SR22!

FWIW, if I choose to burn 17-18gph I know I can do 180+k, but I’m just rarely in that much of a hurry.

Interesting that you appear to be in level flight and your PFD is indicating 0 degrees pitch (like it should). The SR20s I fly always have a 2-2.5 deg nose up indication on the PFD in level flight.

Man Eddie,

I wish I could recall fuel flow. This was my trip home from Duluth and I was way too excited and awed to think about that! All I can tell you is I was running emax at 75% ROP.

Of course, we had a great tailwind but I was really surprised at the TAS for a 20.