Free ARNAV Data Card Upgrade

I see ARNAV is offering a free data card upgrade for all Cirri owners. Has anybody else taken advantage of this? Can I do it myself? What, if any, benefits are there to doing it?

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD

I see ARNAV is offering a free data card upgrade for all Cirri owners. Has anybody else taken advantage of this? Can I do it myself? What, if any, benefits are there to doing it?

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD
HOT NEWS For SR20 Owners! Free Software Upgrade!
I presume that ARNAV meant to include SR22 owners, too.
Mike.
Larry - changing the software card is a cinch; it may even be legal, although I can’t swear to that. The software is issued on a PCMCIA card, just like the ones that plug into a laptop.

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD

Mike.

Larry - changing the software card is a cinch; it may even be legal, although I can’t swear to that. The software is issued on a PCMCIA card, just like the ones that plug into a laptop.

The new software, available on the PCMCIA card which slides int the side of the ARNAV display, is supposed to be totally self loading, just swap the card and turn the unit on.

I do not know if this is ‘new’ software which is few weeks old or is the ‘new’ software which is expected out in the next 30 - 60 days.

Marty

It looks like a cool upgrade, a number of desirable improvements. I went and ordered the free upgrade - afterall its the least expensive thing on the Cirrus ;-). I read into the offer that it does cover the 22, and it becomes more clear as you go through the ordering process. I’ll let the forum know how it works when I install it.
Roger
N706CD

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD

Mike.

If you have a new-style dash that has a separate top to the radio hump, be aware that it removes with an allen key.

Once you do that, access to the ICDS2000 is a snap.

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD

Thanks so much, this site is a tremendous help to all of us. I ordered my upgrade too, maybe ARNAV has seen comments on this site and cut us a break? Rick Kummerow 122KM

Thanks,

Larry, N171CD

I presume that ARNAV meant to include SR22
owners, too.

Mike.

The new software, available on the PCMCIA card which slides int the side of the ARNAV display, is supposed to be totally self loading, just swap the card and turn the unit on.

I do not know if this is ‘new’ software which is few weeks old or is the ‘new’ software which is expected out in the next 30 - 60 days.

Marty

I changed it last week takes about 2 minutes.Turn each of the screws holding the unit a half turn slide out unit slip in card slide unit back in. Arnav got me the card asap sent them back the old one all for free!!

Thanks so much, this site is a tremendous help to all of us. I ordered my upgrade too, maybe ARNAV has seen comments on this site and cut us a break? Rick Kummerow 122KM

Rick,

I’m as anxious as the next guy to get ARNAV to deliver better-faster-cheaper-more, but even I don’t see how they can do better than FREE!

Seriously, I imagine (hope) that ARNAV does read the posts here, but I suggest/recommend that all of us communicate our concerns (and hopefully, praise, when it’s deserved) directly to the company.

Mike.