Forget TCM and lYC, I've seen the future!

And it’s at www.smaengines.com

Hello! We had a discussion about this beginning in Dec. 25, 2000. I have pointed out this site then, and been watching it ever since. They have been flying this engine for a while now.

Not available here, yet, but soon.

Michael

there’s a number of new players in the engine game. Some others that are interesting:

www.thielert.com - Very interesting and very new (at least to me). First engine is already JAR certified, flying in a Warrior.

www.mecanair.ch

Chris

Yes. Though I don’t remember seeing this particular link. I seem to remember the discussion was focused on France and Socata, and of course my point about the above is that is is as I type this, being placed a 182, here in the states. For certification in the not very distant future

Cheers.

Dean

Hello! We had a discussion about this beginning in Dec. 25, 2000. I have pointed out this site then, and been watching it ever since. They have been flying this engine for a while now.

Not available here, yet, but soon.

Michael

Michael,

I never read posts that begin with Diesel anything. Not sexy enough. Give me 3000TBO and turbocharged and I pay attention. :slight_smile:

Dean

Found it! And the discussion from March. Very exciting to see it in a 182. Makes it seem like something that will actually happen sometime this century,

Unlike FADEC, which though I am always seeing updates, seems to be constantly ‘just around the corner’

Does anyone know, has the SMA engine received JAR certification?

Last year at Oshkosh they said that they expected JAR approval by the end of 2000 and FAA certification sometime in 2001.