Fogging while taxing

I have experienced considerable fogging on all windows after closing doors and initiating startup and taxing… Clears on takeoff… I know it’s because of the body heat and cold outside temperatures but has anyone developed a remedy…Do you think those anti fog cloths would be a fix…

In the fogging cases I’ve had so far, its cleared when I cracked the door open slightly during taxi&runup.

-Curt

I have cured moderate fogging by just turning on the heat and directing the flow to the windshield. I have also used the eyeglass cleaning cloth that I keep in the console for cleaning the display screens. I have had no experience with the anti fog cloths.

I always keep a folded washcloth squeezed in on the left side of the glareshield. Works for many things - sweat in eyes on a St. Louis day, angel flight infant passenger vomiting, fog on the window. Regarding the latter, usually only takes one wipe and doesn’t return.

Andy

I am neurotic about scratches on the windshield, so I touch the plastic as little as possible. I have found that the defrost works well once the aircraft has warmed up a bit. Cracking the doors works well too, but if it is really cold outside, it is not a pleasurable thing to do.

I just hold my breath and require that my passengers do likewise until airborne.

Marty

I just hold my breath and require that my passengers do likewise until airborne.

Marty,

I’ve seen your takeoffs, and they are not THAT bad.

-Mike

Marty

I’ve seen your takeoffs, and they are not THAT bad.

-Mike

Thanks, it is pretty tough concentrating with a Blood Oxygen saturation level of about 82%!

Marty