Flight Explorer

Who has used Flight Explorer on the net? What is the cost and which software package are you using.

I also just received Notice of Actual Delivery SR22B Contract #123 for November 26, 2001. Can not wait!

I’ve used flight explorer for about 15 months and love it. You download the software from AVWEB. Once you register you get 10 hours of use/month for about $10.

You can configure it it thousands of ways. It’s really fun.

Jerry Seckler N1970 SR22 #63

Who has used Flight Explorer on the net? What is the cost and which software package are you using.

I also just received Notice of Actual Delivery SR22B Contract #123 for November 26, 2001. Can not wait!

Jim,

I was notified that #122 would be ready on November 21. I am planning on picking it up on the 26th…guess that I will see you in Duluth!

Paul

What is Flight Explorer?

I’ve used flight explorer for about 15 months and love it. You download the software from AVWEB. Once you register you get 10 hours of use/month for about $10.

I’ve downloaded version 3.10 and tried the demo mode. It looks like a lot of fun - but in demo mode (on windows 2000) I have had numerous crashes. The program seems very unstable. Does anyone else see these problems?

http://www.avweb.com/sponsors/fe/index.htmlFlight Explorer

What is Flight Explorer?

Flight explorer is a program that allows you to view in almost real time all aircraft that are being tracked by FAA radar (all IFR and some VFR on flight following). You can use filters to display only aircraft of interest. For example you can show only aircraft with SR20 or SR22 identifiers. You can show only aircraft destined for ORD, JFK, SFO or anywhere else. You get radar data showing aircraft, idnetifier (airline flight number or N number), origin, destination, altitude, groundspeed, ATD and ETA.

You can customize your “radar” display to show VORs, airways, airports, center/sector boundries etc.

Jerry Seckler

What is Flight Explorer?

I’ve downloaded version 3.10 and tried the demo mode. It looks like a lot of fun - but in demo mode (on windows 2000) I have had numerous crashes. The program seems very unstable. Does anyone else see these problems?

I’ve never had any problems under 95 or 98.

I’ve never had any problems under 95 or 98.

I’ve been running it on Windows 98 and have had no problems either.

Jerry Seckler