Update: 2020-11-18T17:15:00Z (17:15z)
Fellow COPAns, while our web hosting provider’s systems remain down at this hour, and we have yet to receive an estimated ETA for their return to service, we would like to update you on what we do know, and how this ransomware attack has affected COPA and our members.
- The COPA Forum software was unaffected (separate system/service provider).
- Forum user authentication and new user signups are offline.
- Recent visitors to the forums (within the past 96 hours) will continue to be able to access the forums provided you DO NOT LOG OUT.
- COPA’s data is not believed to be encrypted or compromised in any way.
- The COPA site and data were taken offline by Managed.com along with thousands of other sites to prevent the attack from affecting our site/data.
- No sensitive Credit Card data is stored within our systems nor Managed.com. All billing information and transactions are handled by a third-party payment processer who is fully compliant with modern security best practices and industry rules, specifically utilizing Tokenization, once again this vendor and the member payment data was not affected by the attack.
- All membership passwords and data are encrypted and salted.
We are making every effort to restore our services as soon as possible.
Due to the large-scale nature of this attack on our provider, there have been a number of unforeseen challenges to work through.
The entire COPA Volunteer Website Team, along with our hosting providers and contracted vendors, are working diligently to ensure a complete restoration of our systems and data.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We will continue to provide updates via this forum topic as they become available.
Here is an article related to our outage: