Cup Holders

Considering how serious much of the recent discussions on this forum have been (and usually with good cause), how about something on the lighter side. Does anyone have anything good to say about the cup holders on the 20/22?? I have been renting a 20 here in Florida and the cup holders seem to be basically worthless.

they hold my drinks just fine. However, if yours don’t, Boater’s World and E & B marine sell cup holders for boats that are much more rigid and about the same size.
don

Considering how serious much of the recent discussions on this forum have been (and usually with good cause), how about something on the lighter side. Does anyone have anything good to say about the cup holders on the 20/22?? I have been renting a 20 here in Florida and the cup holders seem to be basically worthless.

Where are the cup holders located? I am shopping for a Cirrus and I enjoy my coffee on morning flights so this is a little detail that interests me.

Dale

Dale, you just established a new record for rejuvenating old threads. This particular one had been dead for nine years. Give the man his prize, Don Pardo!

For the front, the cupholders are fold-up dealies on the fuselage just forward of the seats. They would be near the pilot’s left knee and near the co-pilot’s right knee. In the back, they are…well I’m not 100% sure where they are because I haven’t looked. I think they are between the seats at the front, or against the side like the front ones. Yeah, one of those two. In your decision to buy a Cirrus, this will not be a top-tier concern. They work fine.

Thanks, James. My friend has a 2006 SR22 which we were in yesterday and I never noticed. My wife brought the cup holder issue up today so I did a search for cup holders and found this thread. I did not realize how old it was.

I will gladly accept my prize from Don Pardo!

I had a C414A for 20 years so looking at singles is taking some rethinking even when it comes to “beverage service.”

Thanks, again.

Dale

I meant to type my friend has a 2006 SR22

You can edit your posts. Click on the “More” menu at the top right of your post and select “Edit”. (Edit only appears for posts you have made.)

Thanks, I am just getting to know my way around COPA’s website.

And for me, quite frequently the “More” menu (including Edit) is not available immediately. If you have just posted and you immediately see an error and you click “More” and just get an hourglass, wait a minute or two and it will work.

Jim K has it right on the front cupholders. The rears are in between the two rear seats by the floor and flip down. I keep a pair of water bottles in the two rear ones - even though I’m almost always flying by myself or just with one pax, it’s nice to be able to reach back and easily grab a water bottle. I also keep snacks in one of the rear seat mesh pouch areas (there are 2)

The stewardess on my flights, finds the cup holders quite convenient, she has the lacey type

don

But they’re not so great in turbulence, I hear.

Mike