COPA Enhancements

Over the next few weeks, you may begin noticing a new ‘tag’ next to certain member’s names.
As you already know, all members’ names already show up with a “COPA Member” or “C” tag. We have instituted the new ‘tag.’ so that commercial organizations will begin to appear with a “COPA Partner” or “P” tag. Although the primary reason is to alert you, our users, that the post is from someone with at least some commercial motivations.

This is not to say that the posts by folks like Jim Mazzante or Lancaster Airways, a Cirrus Service Center, or JT Helms, an insurance agent with whom we have had many discussions, (Jim and JT, sorry to pick on you guys) are necessarily commercial in nature - often they are not. In fact, usually they are very helpful and informative, and we all benefit by their involvement and openness. But we feel that more disclosure is good thing. Now you’ll be able to judge for yourself.

We decided on the “COPA Partner” tag as, quite frankly, we had no better ideas. It does not indicate or imply any other relationship or endorsement of the user.

Marty Kent, Pres.
COPA

In reply to:

We decided on the “COPA Partner” tag as, quite frankly, we had no better ideas. It does not indicate or imply any other relationship or endorsement of the user.

Marty,

That’s exactly what it will imply after your explanatory post above is long forgotten…

May I suggest “M” for Merchant or “B” for Business?

Perhaps others have a better suggestion.

Good point, better ideas. [:)]

I really like the sound of Partner. I feel as though that describes my relationship with COPA accurately.

And Marty, my name is John. :slight_smile:

John “JT” Helms
Branch Manager
NationAir Insurance Agency
Pleasure and Business Branch

OOOPS! I knew that. Something about “Jims” sounded wrong, but I couldn’t place my finger on it. Sorry, the original is corrected.