Cirrus on Television

I wanted to give a head’s up about Cirrus joining up with our new series about general aviation. We were able to get some wonderful footage, in HD, of the SR22 over the woods near Duluth, with the fall colors. Just beautiful.

Tom Gresham

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050201/latu054_1.html

TEMECULA, Calif., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – The Outdoor Channel (TOC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: OUTD - News), announced today that Cirrus Design Corporation, manufacturer of the best-selling general aviation airplane in the world, has signed on as a sponsor of TOC’s groundbreaking aviation series “Wings to Adventure (WTA).”

The series, set to debut in July 2005 on The Outdoor Channel and the new Outdoor Channel 2 HD, captures the magic of flight in high-definition – featuring an action-packed, in-depth look at airplanes, destinations, and the fascinating people behind the world of aviation.

“Cirrus and Wings to Adventure are a match much like pilot to airplane,” said Andy Dale, CEO of The Outdoor Channel. “A leader in advanced technology for pilots, Cirrus has set the standard for excellence in the aviation business, and combined with the amazing high-definition video of this new series, will help us to raise the bar on programming tailor-made for aviation fans everywhere.”

“This is a logical partnership for Cirrus,” said Cirrus CEO, Alan Klapmeier. “Anyone who has seen high-definition television understands the significance of this technological advancement, and we at Cirrus have based our company on using the latest technology to provide more value for customers. I can’t wait to see how great aviation looks in HD.”

The WTA crew, led by producer and host Tom Gresham, has already traveled to California, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas and Florida, shooting all high def footage using the latest HD cameras … and this just for the premiere episode. In Duluth, WTA spent time at Cirrus headquarters, gathering the story of the once upstart company, which now dominates the general aviation market. While there, the show also shot spectacular video of the Cirrus SR22, the famous airplane with a parachute.

“This show is not only a thrill for pilots,” said producer Tom Gresham. “It’s a bird’s eye ride for anyone with a sense of adventure, a fascination with flight, and a curiosity for the inner workings of aviation. It leaves everyone wanting to jump in the cockpit!”

Each weekly episode of Wings to Adventure includes profiles of airplanes, flying destinations, aviation personalities, industry history, tips, and equipment reviews. From the latest Cirrus aircraft with a glass cockpit, to a vintage Piper Cub, WTA will cover the scope of general aviation.

By the way, we will have a video crew at the Jumbolair fly-in Sunday, Feb. 6. That’s the start of a week of taping in the Orlando area.

Tom Gresham

In reply to:

By the way, we will have a video crew at the Jumbolair fly-in Sunday, Feb. 6.

No pressure on the spot landings or anything. But we’d love to see the outtakes!

The really bad landings can be left out of the show . . . for a fee!

Or, better yet, I won’t tell about the landing(s) I made in the SR22 at Duluth when we were shooting there. THAT one will not be in the final cut, either.

In reply to:

Or, better yet, I won’t tell about the landing(s) I made in the SR22 at Duluth when we were shooting there. THAT one will not be in the final cut, either.

Tom, I’ve heard about your landings…