Cirrus Draws a Crowd

I experienced a new twist on the frequent comments that the Cirrus draws a crowd wherever it goes (which I have found to be completely true.)This morning as I was coming out the dry cleaners a gentleman was standing by my car and asked me what kind of plane I owned. At first I looked at him puzzled, then realized he had seen my license plate. For my birthday my dear wife gave me a personalized license plate with my Cirrus’ “N” number. This guy was a pilot so we ended up with the usual animated discussion of the Cirrus and what a great plane it it. So now I suppose one could say it draws a crowd when it isn’t even there.

I experienced a new twist on the frequent comments that the Cirrus draws a crowd wherever it goes (which I have found to be completely true.)This morning as I was coming out the dry cleaners a gentleman was standing by my car and asked me what kind of plane I owned. At first I looked at him puzzled, then realized he had seen my license plate. For my birthday my dear wife gave me a personalized license plate with my Cirrus’ “N” number. This guy was a pilot so we ended up with the usual animated discussion of the Cirrus and what a great plane it it. So now I suppose one could say it draws a crowd when it isn’t even there.

A funny story about drawing a crowd:

My SR22 is based at Madison County Executive Airport (M82) in North Alabama.

Before I took delivery of my plane, Bruce Gunter brought an SR22 by there to give me a demo ride, a friend of mine from Birmingham brought his SR20 up to show me, and a pilot on his way to Sun 'n Fun stopped at M82 with his SR20.

On top of that, almost all of the airport employees and lounge lizards have gotten rides in my plane.

The other day, someone else landed his SR22 at M82 and was disappointed when no admiring crowd showed up. Someone had to explain to him why their attitude was “Ho hum, another Cirrus.”

Every where else, though, I get the drooling admiration of fellow pilots. It’s not a good plane for extremely shy people. Come to think of it, I’ve ever met an extremely shy pilot …

-Mike

Mike, It was I who stumbled unto M82 with my 22, Gordon Kaufman SR22/#31. I was traveling from St. Louis to Fort Myers FL. You are right every place I have been people just drool over the plane and it was eerie at first when the people working in the hanger just glanced up and then went back to their work. I have to say though that everyone at

the airport was extremely nice. I had not planned to stop there but ran into alot of Tstorms so thats where I ended up. The place was great so on my return trip I filed to stop at M82 and say Hi again. The trip to Fl was great in the 22 just 4h 41M flying time from St. Louis 890nm. storm scope was great and really allowed me to fly when in my Cherokee I would have to stay at M82, which though nice cant compare to the beach

A funny story about drawing a crowd:

My SR22 is based at Madison County Executive Airport (M82) in North Alabama.

Before I took delivery of my plane, Bruce Gunter brought an SR22 by there to give me a demo ride, a friend of mine from Birmingham brought his SR20 up to show me, and a pilot on his way to Sun 'n Fun stopped at M82 with his SR20.

On top of that, almost all of the airport employees and lounge lizards have gotten rides in my plane.

The other day, someone else landed his SR22 at M82 and was disappointed when no admiring crowd showed up. Someone had to explain to him why their attitude was “Ho hum, another Cirrus.”

Every where else, though, I get the drooling admiration of fellow pilots. It’s not a good plane for extremely shy people. Come to think of it, I’ve ever met an extremely shy pilot …

-Mike

Wow! That’s 190knts ground if my math is right. Can’t wait for mine to arrive in eight weeks or so!!

The trip to Fl was great in the 22 just 4h 41M flying time from St. Louis 890nm. storm scope was great and really allowed me to fly when in my Cherokee I would have to stay at M82, which though nice cant compare to the beach