Cirrus Design - owned by Saudi Shieks

What an arrogant, egotistical response…it is not even worthy of of more than a 2 sentence reply. And why do you use D.D.S…trying to impress anyone??

I am guilty of a detracted thought. Did I spell that rite?

In reply to:

I am guilty of a detracted thought

I guess you spelled it rite, I just don’t know what a “detracted thought” is.
According to our spell checker, the word “detracted” doesn’t even show up.

In reply to:

I find the French ownership of Socata more objectionable than the financial interest of the mideast investors in Cirrus

I hope you enjoy your “Freedom Fries”, and “Freedom Toast” Art. Can’t imagine you “Freedom Kiss” though. What a ridiculous, petty sentiment.

Jeff

I do like Cirrus an the TB20 was my second best choice.

The Socata TB20 is made by French in France [:)] with 80% Merican pieces (engine, prop, avionics etc) [:)]

Boeing uses Rolls Royce engines and Airbus uses General Electric…

My country is the second investor in the US and even has 1100 soldiers in IRAQ on request by the US. It’s a public secret I want to live in the US but my wife and children won’t let me. I think most Iraqi’s also rather want to live elsewere now. But why can’t they still find those WOMD ?

Bottom line, the higher you fly, the smaller the problems, and greater the choices of were you have to land again.

So keep up that open mind

In reply to:

I hope you enjoy your “Freedom Fries”, and “Freedom Toast” Art. Can’t imagine you “Freedom Kiss” though. What a ridiculous, petty sentiment.

Jeff - don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel! [;)]

French Kissing can transfer the bacteria S. mutans responsible for tooth decay. Another reason to have mistrust.

I guess it is time to use the dictionary.

detract [ di trákt ] (past de·tract·ed, past participle de·tract·ed, present participle de·tract·ing, 3rd person present singular de·tracts)

verb

1. transitive and intransitive verb take something away: to reduce the quality, value, or importance of something by taking something away

2. transitive verb disparage: to disparage somebody or something ( archaic )

[15th century. From Latin detract- , the past participle stem of detrahere “to take or pull away,” from trahere “to pull” (see tractor).]

de·trac·tive adjective
de·trac·tive·ly adverb

I am honored to have received a measured portion of your interest. I am not worthy of such muted admiration.

I still french kiss . . . I fly. I don’t gotta spell to good to fly. I don’t use too many big words either.

In reply to:

When it comes to int’l politics in general, I’ve had it with other countries complaining about needing the U.S. to “do something” about any given issue, but refusing to become involved themselves, then whining and bitching about what we finally chose to do when its over.

Hi Bill,

I understand what you mean, but I enjoy taking the piss out of Art. [;)] Seriously though, I think there’s been a troubling movement in the U.S. regarding the demonizing of those who don’t toe the Bush Administration’s line. I heard recently that VP Cheney was recently served Evian water in a restaurant. He sent it back. How petty and sad that must have appeared, for the President, I mean, VP to send back water because it’s French. You’re right though, what you describe is also a real problem. I’m with you.

Jeff

If you French Kiss, are you a thespian?

[quote]
I heard recently that VP Cheney was recently served Evian water in a restaurant. He sent it back. How petty and sad that must have appeared, for the President, I mean, VP to send back water because it’s French.[/qoute] Sorry for continuing this digression, but why is this petty? Isn’t it the fundamental precept of capitalism that you vote with your wallets? Whether you agree with his political position or not, it sounds like a consistent application of his policy to me. Actually I’m impressed that he wasn’t hypocritical.

OTOH, I’d have returned it as well, but only because I prefer not to drink bottled or sparkling water.

Rick;
I think what the members are trying to say is that the “members forum” is an extraordinary place, full of information, and much more comprehensive than the “public” site. Whether you fly Cirrus or not, the Members Forum, is worth more to your instrument rating than any lesson you have taken.
I have learned more on the members forum as to general flying technique and instrument procedures than I would have thought possible.

In reply to:

I like cirrus but am not willing to pay the 10k insurance for a friggin sr20.

BTW, I only pay $2340 to insure my SR20c. As a member of the Members Forum, you might also find out how, and with which insurance company.

You eat with that mouth too?

Rick,
Yes, you are right, it is a public forum. But, it is supported by COPA and by registering and posting, effectively, you are a guest here and should have the manners of one. Frequently, members invite non-members to join because we would value the input of ‘new blood’. That should be viewed as a compliment.

At this point, I think it’s too late for you to start having the manners of a guest and maybe too late for anyone to want you as a COPA member.

Personally, I will chalk it up to a misunderstanding caused by the limitations of printed text and say that we would probably enjoy discussion with you in a more ‘high minded’ and thoughtful way.

Greg
Proud COPA member for over two years

Just another example of why I don’t contribute any more. I used to think the BMW board was bad, but you guys take the cake.

In reply to:

I’d have returned it as well, but only because I prefer not to drink bottled or sparkling water.

Marty,
I too would have returned the Evian. I prefer Volvic [;)].

Jeff

Now, I think that’s enough digression from the topic this morning.

Hay Greg. Take it easy on the guy. Remember that Mickey Rooney movie, Boys Town. The priest said there are no bad boys.

In reply to:

At this point, I think it’s too late for you to start having the manners

Greg;
It’s never too late. At least my mother and my wife are still holding out hope that I will develop some manners . . . . some day.
Don’t give up hope.
If you really didn’t think things could get better, you would still be flying a Cessna

Hey look, bottom line is there is no place for high pressure “join or else” type attitudes that I have seen from members. Like I said, $50 to become a member doesn’t mean squat, we all have $50 to burn or we wouldn’t be flying.

I don’t want to join! I would if I either had already purchased a cirrus or I made the definitive decision to purchase one in the immediate future. I DID join the piper owners society because why? because I own a piper!

BUT, I have an interest in cirrus aircraft and may own one someday so does that mean I shouldn’t peruse the open public cirrus board for info without becoming a member? If you don’t think it’s wrong to call somebody out because they didn’t pay there measly $50 and join the exclusive ever so elite club then there lies the problem.

Copa should take this board down if that is their attitude, should be join if you want to discuss or read about cirrus aircraft as you are obviously not worthy to read or comment on anything cirrus if you don’t pay $50…

Rick