Cirrus crash more..

There is a SR owned by yankee flight clum in the cities.I wonder if this was it… heres more

Two Twin Cities men were in serious condition after their single-engine plane crash-landed Wednesday morning in a cornfield in western Carver County.

Pilot Kenneth J. Klein, 52, of New Brighton, and John P. Miller, 39, of Blaine, were being treated at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, a spokeswoman said. Klein reported pressure gauge problems and was looking for a road to land on in Watertown Township about 8:30 a.m., said chief deputy sheriff Denny Owens. Instead, the plane plowed through about 30 yards of cornstalks and lost its engine and tires. It stopped near Buck Lake Road, north of 46th Street, a few miles north of Lake Waconia.

Klein and Miller were conscious when rescue workers pried open the plane doors. One man had a broken leg and the other had back injuries, Owens said. They had flown out of the Crystal Airport and were en route to Sioux Falls, S.D., on a business trip, the Sheriff’s Office said.

They were flying a Cirrus Design plane, which carries a parachute that wasn’t deployed, Owens said.

There is a SR owned by yankee flight clum in the cities.I wonder if this was it… heres more

Nope, this one is N747TW, s/n 1139. Yankee’s s/n is around 1070, I think. Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

The initial FAA incident report says that there was an engine failure.

For the numerologists in the audience, yesterday’s only other incident was N7477L.

I was in Duluth on Friday and learned from Rick at CD customer service that the engine failure was due to the oil drain plug coming loose in flight. The initial indication is that it was not properly secured after an oil change. The pilot appeared to stall at 10 or more feet, perhaps because of the tall corn growing in the field.

Check those safety wires!

George Savage

N747SJ