Another Cirrus Down

Two Injured in Carver County Plane Crash

Two men are in serious condition after a small plane crashed this morning near the Hennepin-Carver County line.

The single-engine Cirrus plane went down around nine o’clock.

The pilot and his passenger had to be extricated from the plane and were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Authorities say the pilot radioed the Minneapolis tower to say he was having problems with a pressure gauge. Deputies then found the crashed plane in a field.

It was foggy when the plane crashed. Federal investigators are at the scene.

(Copyright 2001 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I hope their injuries are not life threatening.

The weather this morning was certainly IMC, but visibility was about 1.5 miles at Flying Cloud (FCM).

Dan

I was at the crash site a short time ago. It is abundantly clear that this was not a
Cirrus issue. What happened would have happened with any other plane. I saw it, I know.

Two Injured in Carver County Plane Crash

Two men are in serious condition after a small plane crashed this morning near the Hennepin-Carver County line.

The single-engine Cirrus plane went down around nine o’clock.

The pilot and his passenger had to be extricated from the plane and were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Authorities say the pilot radioed the Minneapolis tower to say he was having problems with a pressure gauge. Deputies then found the crashed plane in a field.

It was foggy when the plane crashed. Federal investigators are at the scene.

(Copyright 2001 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I hope their injuries are not life threatening.

The weather this morning was certainly IMC, but visibility was about 1.5 miles at Flying Cloud (FCM).

Dan

For what it’s worth, a video news story about the accident is available at the WCCO-TV (Minneapolis-St. Paul) web site (http://www.channel4000.com/news/stories/news-96588820010919-110903.htmlclick here).

I was at the crash site a short time ago. It is abundantly clear that this was not a
Cirrus issue. What happened would have happened with any other plane. I saw it, I know.

Gordy,

We would all appreciate it if you told us what you saw and what you believe to have happened.

Thanks,

Roger

I was at the crash site a short time ago. It is abundantly clear that this was not a Cirrus issue. What happened would have happened with any other plane. I saw it, I know.

Gordy,

First and foremost we all hope the 2 occupants are okay. Any report on their condition?

In your note you said that it would have happened with any plane. Not sure what that means. Please explain if you can.

Do you know whether this was a SR20 or 22 since the radio report indicated some sort of instrument failure and the two models have differences in their panel?

Thanks,

Brig

Thbe plane was an “A” model SR20. The two occupants are in serious condition but will be OK

I don’t believe that any details should come from me. It will all be known eventually.

I was at the crash site a short time ago. It is abundantly clear that this was not a Cirrus issue. What happened would have happened with any other plane. I saw it, I know.

Gordy,

First and foremost we all hope the 2 occupants are okay. Any report on their condition?

In your note you said that it would have happened with any plane. Not sure what that means. Please explain if you can.

Do you know whether this was a SR20 or 22 since the radio report indicated some sort of instrument failure and the two models have differences in their panel?

Thanks,

Brig

Gordy,

I’m not sure why you think you can’t provide any details about the crash, especially after making such a definative statement that it was not a Cirrus issue. I’m about to pick up my SR20 and I would sure like to know what you saw that lead to that statement. Right now, I’m a bit unconfortable with the SR20 crash to number of planes ratio. PLEASE, tell us more!!!

Ira

Thbe plane was an “A” model SR20. The two occupants are in serious condition but will be OK

I don’t believe that any details should come from me. It will all be known eventually.

Gordy,

Thanks,

Brig