Ian Valentine’s post (on the Member’s area) with a couple of great ideas got me thinking about my own “they oughta…” list. Considering that just maybe Avidyne has a little more time on their hands, having the Entegra certification under their belt, maybe this is a good time for us to share ideas.
Just maybe they might be paying attention to what the largest group of their actual users of their products think…I hope so!
Here’s my list, in no particular order:
- Ground Proximity display showing terrain as Green (well above), Yellow (near current altitude) and Red (Above current altitude), based on GPS and/or pressure altitude, with audible ground proximity warning alert.
- Alternate base map showing IFR enroute chart like Jepp Flightstar.
- Map scroll allowing map center to be relocated for look-ahead and reference, like Garmin.
- User settable alarm points for all relevant Emax parameters (EGT, CHT, bus voltages); trigger an audio alarm when exceeded.
- Audio alarm output interfaced to audio panel.
- User editable checklists like Garmin. Include a Â“revert to factory defaultÂ” button and a Â“Checklist edited Â– not official informationÂ” banner to satisfy the idiot CYA lawyers who insisted on non-editable checklists in the first place (the end result being that a lot of people donÂ’t use them).
- Taxiway diagrams on close range zoom of airports, not just runways.
- Additional non-engine data in log file for altitude, etc. to strengthen cockpit data recorder functionality.
- On-screen playback of log file (thanks, Ian)
- Larger memory for log file (should be at least 250 hours).
Avidyne owners, please share your thoughts.