Avidyne EX5000 issues

I use this plus two smaller ones for the front side windows. They are light, quick to install and store easily in the seat back pockets. They work remarkably well.

You have the foil window inserts and you don’t use them???

Any where we go, those foil thingies are put over the windows. It’s my wife’s job to put them in while I do the tie downs. When we are leaving, that is her job to roll them up.

They work great…

Wally to be honest I have moved on. I have what I believe is a superior system now. I agree with the iPad heating up concerns, but as mine clips in and out there is no heat issue there. My engineer added heat shielding and a cooling vent to the back of the iPad panel mount as well.

I can confirm that yes my Avidyne unit was under extended warranty. It had one month to go at the time of issue. Paperwork confirmed. They and the Australian agent were notified within time and again emails record the events. I was asked to send photos by email of all aspects of the unit. Again an engineer did this. No seals were broken. Unit was unmarked an in excellent condition as you would expect at 258 hours. Unit worked perfectly except you could not read the screen. Obviously a simple backlight display issue. Not worth up to $15,000 AUS as I was told. Yes I can supply copies of emails but what would that prove. It’s done and as I said I have moved onto to better pastures. I have shared my experience and hope nobody else has the same extreme. Even if the standard repair fee was charged as someone earlier quoted, I paid far less than that for the BlueMAX system. WARRANTY should mean cover. If my unit was mistreated then I would not be here and making such comment. I wish everyone the best with their individual solutions and devices.

OK, thanks Peter. I’d hoped to get to the bottom of this, but understand your position completely. Good luck with your new setup!

I have a set of Kennon foil inner inserts. I prefer if it will be outside long to put the canopy cover on it. But I really have no excuse, I need to start putting them in. Thanks for a little “incentive”.