Australian Type Certificate issued for SR20

I was advised this afternoon by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority that they have issued a Type Acceptance Certificate for the Cirrus SR20.

This is the first type certificate issued for the SR20 outside the United States.

I also heard today that SR20 #1033 has been accepted by our ferry pilot and will leave Duluth on Thursday morning, bound for Australia. I will put up a map on the web site showing the route.

Clyde

I was advised this afternoon by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority that they have issued a Type Acceptance Certificate for the Cirrus SR20.

This is the first type certificate issued for the SR20 outside the United States.

I also heard today that SR20 #1033 has been accepted by our ferry pilot and will leave Duluth on Thursday morning, bound for Australia. I will put up a map on the web site showing the route.

Clyde

Clyde,

I don’t want to spoil your enthusiasm of having the first SR20 being certified outside of the US. I think the Dutch guy named Bakema has already got a Dutch call sign. At least this is what he’s stated on his web page.

But hey, who cares, you’re getting your plane soon and this is a much bigger satisfaction than having the first type cert abroad :wink:

I am really looking forward to reading the pireps of your ferry pilot. Can you sleep at night, Clyde?

Best wishes, Placido

P.S. what is this members only tab on the home page?

Terrific news, Clyde! Congratulations!

I am relieved that your plane slipped through the door just ahead of the J. DeVries export ban (did I hear someone say once that, “a Canadian joke is no laughing matter”…?).

Poor Pierre–he may never hear the end of this teasing. :slight_smile:

Kevin

Clyde

As expected, Cirrus Design have issued a http://www.cirrusdesign.com/News%20SR20%20Certified%20in%20Australia%2011%20May%2000.htmpress release trumpeting the certificate issue. Of course it doesn’t mention that CD had to be bullied into lodging the application.

And of course I wouldn’t have said that if I didn’t know that CD doesn’t read this forum - hi Ian!

I will issue a vote of thanks here to CD’s certfication engineer Steve Serfling. CASA told me that the application (which Steve prepared) was thorough and complete, which enabled the certificate to be issued in less than two weeks from receipt. The JAA could learn a thing or two.

Placido,

I don’t want to spoil your enthusiasm of having the first SR20 being certified outside of the US. I think the Dutch guy named Bakema has already got a Dutch call sign. At least this is what he’s stated on his web page.

Having a registration number, and actually being able to fly the plane with that number are two different things. We reserved VH-CRF some time ago, and you can register a plane without a type certificate, but you cannot get an airworthiness certificate unless the design has a type certificate. And without an airworthiness certificate, you can’t fly it, at least not without major restrictions.

But hey, who cares, you’re getting your plane soon and this is a much bigger satisfaction than having the first type cert abroad :wink:

Absolutely, it’s actually more exciting for Cirrus Design to get this certification. Expect to see a press release from them.

Can you sleep at night, Clyde?

Always. Especially after a good day’s flying.

P.S. what is this members only tab on the home page?

Wait and see. Right now it does nothing.