arnav

Does anyone know in the 1999 arnav, was the engine monitering an option? I have seen one that did not have the monitering feature. I did not know if it was broken or an option?

In reply to:

Does anyone know in the 1999 arnav, was the engine monitering an option? I have seen one that did not have the monitering feature. I did not know if it was broken or an option?

It was an option that had to be added after Cirrus delivered the plane. The Arnav engine monitoring was not available when that plane was built, either from Cirrus or aftermarket.

It can still be added to it, but its pretty expensive. Some have gone with a JPI instead because of the cost. If you join COPA one member has posted a detailed installation of a JPI in his 20.

Good luck.

Thanks, Do you know what year it became available

In reply to:

Not sure. I know it was not an available option on my may delivered 2001 SR22. I think the vast majority of ARNAV equipped planes that do have engine monitoring had it installed in the field.

Cirrus switched to Avidyne in 2002. If it ever was a factory option for ARNAV’s, it was for a very short time.

In reply to:

The ARNAV engine monitor (EMM for engine monitoring module) became available in Spring of 2001. As far as I know it was never a factory option but had to be installed after purchase. Mine was installed in the autumn of 2001 and has been quite reliable.