Angel Flight America = Angel Flight + AirLifeline

Subject: Angel Flight/AirLifeLine Merger
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:35:53 -0700
Dear Angel Flight West Pilots, Members & Volunteers:
As a proud member of Angel Flight America, a network of six regional Angel Flight organizations and Mercy Medical Airlift, I want to take this opportunity to share with you a major announcement that brings together Angel Flight America and AirLifeLine to create the largest charitable aviation organization in America. We will all be flying under one banner?Angel Flight America. Each regional AF organization, of which AFW is one, retains its identity; yet each is now strengthened by the addition of the AirLifeLine pilots based within their respective regions.
Over the past few years since the formation of Angel Flight America, we have worked very closely with the regional public benefit flying organizations involved in our national network. Many of our pilots also fly for AirLifeLine, and it became apparent over time that both organizations would be able to best serve our passengers and support our volunteers by integrating our services It is, therefore, with great pleasure that I am attaching a copy of a letter from the Chairman of Angel Flight America, Doug Breckenridge, an Angel Flight South Central board director from Dallas, TX. Both Doug and I welcome your comments regarding what promises to be one of the great achievements in aviation.
Best regards,
Jim Weaver
Executive Director
Angel Flight West

1-53071-afa_announcement.doc (386 KB)

Rick / all,
My announcement from Angel Flight MidAtlantic included the following paragraph:
Although this will not be publicly announced until July 30 at Oshkosh, we feel strongly that you should hear this first from us and not through the grapevine. However, it is important that this not be publicized prior to July 30. We hope that you will respect the confidentially of this memo.

In view of the above, please all (readers of this forum) keep this to yourselves until the end of this month (Oshkosh Airventure 2003).

As an Airlifeline and Angel Flight pilot, this merger is welcome - it will certainly make life simpler! I wonder which callsign (AirLifeline’s “Compassion” or A.F’s “Angel Flight”) will survive?

• Mike.

In reply to:

In view of the above, please all (readers of this forum) keep this to yourselves until the end of this month (Oshkosh Airventure 2003).

Seems a moot point when it’s openly mentioned on Angel Flight SE website. http://www.angelflightse.org/

In reply to:

Seems a moot point when it’s openly mentioned on Angel Flight SE website.

Bruce,

Between the email that Rick got (which mentioned nothing about confidentiality) and their A.F’s own publicity, you’re right. Even if they’d tried really hard to keep this quiet, it would most certainly be “out there” in a heartbeat once they emailed all their pilots.

Ben Franklin was a smart guy - he said (something like), “Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead”.

• Mike.