Alan Klapmeier

I chatted with our favorite CEO today. There is no doubt Alan is a hardcore GA enthusiast. He wants nothing less than to bring GA back to its 1970s peak and to grow it from there. He’s thought several moves ahead . . . beyond the SR20, and even beyond the IO-550 powered SR22. He didn’t share details, but I have a hunch Alan’s pondering how to make even turbines and jets affordable.

(Don’t worry, folks. His top concern remains meeting the SR20 production schedule. Eventually, though, Cirrus’s ability to sell higher-margin turbines and jets would work wonders to keep its single-engine planes at or near today’s attractive prices.)

As a Forbes columnist (sorry, Dave Katz), I’ve talked to my share of CEOs over the years. Let’s just say the job has produced a lot of skepticism. But Alan strikes me as the real thing, at least in his core beliefs and determinations. I’m highly confident Cirrus will have a great future.

RK

As a Forbes columnist (sorry, Dave Katz),

Gee, one ill-considered comment and I’m branded as a troublemaker.

If it’s any consolation I loathe Wired even more. But then I just get Avation Safety for the pictures. :wink:

(Actually, Wired did one cool thing–a couple of years ago they rated my company one of the five most overhyped tech subjects, ranking one notch above the practice of drilling holes in your skull to reduce intracranial pressure.)

Let me know if you want to do an article on grumpy prima donna Silicon Valley networking engineers and how they manage to stay employed despite their foul temperament and questionable hygiene.

Being a Cirrus believer, you are washed of all sins, brother Dave.

As a Forbes columnist (sorry, Dave Katz),

Gee, one ill-considered comment and I’m branded as a troublemaker.

If it’s any consolation I loathe Wired even more. But then I just get Avation Safety for the pictures. :wink:

(Actually, Wired did one cool thing–a couple of years ago they rated my company one of the five most overhyped tech subjects, ranking one notch above the practice of drilling holes in your skull to reduce intracranial pressure.)

Let me know if you want to do an article on grumpy prima donna Silicon Valley networking engineers and how they manage to stay employed despite their foul temperament and questionable hygiene.