Aero-News Alert: Cirrus/BRS Chute Saves 4 Lives In Canada

In reply to:

I have been flying half of my life and my mother has never gone for a ride with me.

Brian,

My mom has graduated from “Don’t tell me when you’re going flying – tell me when you’ve BEEN flying”… to… “I’d rather be in your plane with you flying, than in your car with you driving!”. [:)]

By the way, I’ve been flying for about that long, too, and your mom hasn’t been for a ride with me, either. [;)]

• Mike.

In reply to:

I have been flying half of my life and my mother has never gone for a ride with me

I got my Private in 1975 in a Cessna 150. I immediately checked out in a Cessna 172. My Mom and Dad (both now deceased) were my very first passengers, on a flight from Opa Locka to Palm Beach and back.

Their level of trust always surprised and gratified me.

Maybe we are both better off!

In reply to:

The first solo flight reminded me of my first-ever solo in a 150; a definite feeling of “am I really doing this?” Let’s just say that it had been rehearsed many times. :wink:

Dave,
The first time I flew a Cirrus solo I honestly felt like I had to have stolen the airplane because there was no way I could be flying something this nice.[:)]