A Corona Sim-Challenge - Fly when you’re grounded

All recent versions of X-Plane will send data directly to ForeFlight over your home WiFi connection. Nothing extra to buy. X-Plane will appear in the “connected devices” section of Foreflight same as if you have a Stratus or similar GPS connected. Adds to the realism and lets you increase your proficiency with Foreflight as well.

After being prompted by this post on a new SR22T by Carenado for Xplane11, I decided to give it a try and compare to Flight1tech with P3D.

Ive only had a few days to test it out, but I must say that Flight1tech is still hands down better at simulating detailed Perspective / G1000 functionality.

Xplane11 has better graphics, and watching replay from spot view is great fun.

The only drawback to Flight1tech is that they have no 3D graphics.

Now I wish I could find a way to test out Noble’s new model, but I sent an email awhile back asking how I could give it a test run, and so far only crickets.

Do any of these sims have a G6 SR22 or SR20?

Alex - having issues accessing the video links. Thanks.

Chester, there are a small number of aircraft (C172, C172/G1000, Vision Jet, plus maybe 10 others) that come standard with X-Plane. Then there are >100 payware aircraft (say average US$30 per)… including SR20 and SR22 with G1000-Perspective. Here’s one of the payware sources:
https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/sr22-gtsx-turbo-xplane-11/

IMHO, especially for instrument practice, it’s less important the specific aircraft, and more important to get a decent match to the avionics you’re flying in real life.

Best regards,
Wayne

When I was doing my IFR training, I used my iMac Pro with XPlane 11 and found a G1000 simulator plug in that did a decent job circa early versions of a g1000 to practice approaches, intercepts, etc. I have since dismantled my simulator set up having secured my IFR certificate, but the thought has crossed my mind of resetting it up during the crisis.

I’d like to report that Austin Fang (Noble software developer) saw my post here and contacted me.

It sounds like he and Tyler are well on their way to creating some great products. Currently their vnav functionality is not yet complete, but they expect to have it working with an upgrage by early summer.

They are also working on a prototype side yolk which will sell for about half of what competitors are currently charging .

I’ll be watching these guys closely.

1 Like

I just put down a deposit for their G6 FMS module in anticipation of their June X-Plane 11 release. One of the drawbacks for me of most sims is that you do not get the muscle memory for your plane by clicking around with a mouse or keyboard. The Noble Flight Sim and RealSimgear companies are building hardware that addresses that issue. Now what is needed is a SR22T flight model that takes full advantage of the hardware and duplicates as closely as possible the functionality that we all need proficiency with such as VNAV, flight planning, and IFR procedures. Assuming that the Noble Flight Sim delivers on their June X-Plane release date I look forward to reporting back on how their hardware and software do in recreating the SR22 cockpit experience. -Ren

3 Likes