3rd West Coast Cirrus Fly-In Sept. 30th

We’re on!

Santa Barbara (SBA) airport. Reservations are in my name at the Elephant Bar restaurant at noon. The Elephant Bar is on the northeast side of the field.

We’re expecting at least 3 SF/MRY Bay Area SR20’s and at least 2 So. Cal. SR20’s (and one 260se/stol). Fall weather has a good chance to be really nice, but coastal stratus is always a possibility, so VFR pilots bring your favorite CFII if it looks like “700 broken, clearing to the coast by noon…”

I have it on very good authority that, cross-country weather permitting, Cirrus Design will show up with a plane too. So, y’all come, y’heah…Please RSVP to me by e-mail if you have not already.

Transient parking is right there, overseen by Signature Flight Support. They are aware that a fly-in of 15-20 planes will be happening. Their fee is $9.00 but the fee is waived with a fuel purchase of 9 gallons or more. They discount their fuel prices 50 cents/gal on weekends; this weekend’s price would thus be $2.67/gal. A bargain by Bay Area standards at least–refuel early and often!

Kevin Moore #249

If you can…increase the reservations at the restaurant by three and at Signature by one. I will be bringing in the newest SR20 of the line. See you all there

CB

We’re on!

Santa Barbara (SBA) airport. Reservations are in my name at the Elephant Bar restaurant at noon. The Elephant Bar is on the northeast side of the field.

We’re expecting at least 3 SF/MRY Bay Area SR20’s and at least 2 So. Cal. SR20’s (and one 260se/stol). Fall weather has a good chance to be really nice, but coastal stratus is always a possibility, so VFR pilots bring your favorite CFII if it looks like “700 broken, clearing to the coast by noon…”

I have it on very good authority that, cross-country weather permitting, Cirrus Design will show up with a plane too. So, y’all come, y’heah…Please RSVP to me by e-mail if you have not already.

Transient parking is right there, overseen by Signature Flight Support. They are aware that a fly-in of 15-20 planes will be happening. Their fee is $9.00 but the fee is waived with a fuel purchase of 9 gallons or more. They discount their fuel prices 50 cents/gal on weekends; this weekend’s price would thus be $2.67/gal. A bargain by Bay Area standards at least–refuel early and often!

Kevin Moore #249