Young Eagles flight, pirep.

Yesterday our EAA chapter (# 1348 @ VAY, South Jersey) offered Young Eagles flights. It was my first experience taking ten year olds flying. WOW!!! What a hoot, it’s really fun. After an extensive Passenger Brief (first 1/2 during the walk around “A parachute – COOOOL”, and then before eng. start) we were off.
The questions never stopped, even though I had emphasized the “Sterile Cockpit Rule” during the brief. There were some complaints about radio noise and “TRAFIC – TRAFIC”. Over all it was an AWESOME twenty minutes of flying. The parents really got into it too taking lots of pictures, they even bought me lunch. Try it, youÂ’ll love it! Who knows Harrison Ford may even send you an autograph.
Ted Fox, Centennial SR22, N246MT, (N14) Lumberton, NJ.

Ted:
Saw your plane yesterday at VAY–great little airport! Give me a call some day and I’ll buy lunch at the restaurant there.

Tom
201-400-6144

In reply to:

Over all it was an AWESOME twenty minutes of flying. The parents really got into it too taking lots of pictures, they even bought me lunch. Try it, youÂ’ll love it! Who knows Harrison Ford may even send you an autograph.

Ted,

Great plug for the Young Eagles program! After doing so much hectic flying for business, it is so cool to have kids remind me how “Awesome” it really is.[:)]

Missed you guys by a day - Max and I just came back from VAY - we enjoyed a couple of excellent $100 Buffalo Burgers!

• Mike.

Hi Tom,
I’ll call you. If you like we can fly somewhere for lunch. Where are you in Cherry Hill? I’m in Wexford Leas just off Rt. 70 @ Springdale Rd.
Ted
cell 609/922-9254

Hi Mike,
WOW, you and Max must have had some challenging cross winds with gusts up to 30 on Thursday. They canceled the Young Eagles flying because of them. The EAA Chapt. Pres. decided not to land at VAY. I was up at Lincoln Park, not so bad both N14 and N07 runways were into the wind. Sorry I missed you both.
Ted

Ted:
We are in Kings Croft off 41 and Church. Look forward to meeting!

In reply to:

Hi Mike,
WOW, you and Max must have had some challenging cross winds with gusts up to 30 on Thursday. They canceled the Young Eagles flying because of them. The EAA Chapt. Pres. decided not to land at VAY. I was up at Lincoln Park, not so bad both N14 and N07 runways were into the wind. Sorry I missed you both.

Ted,
Actually, although the winds were a little variable, we actually chose VAY over N14 because the it seemed to match the forecast winds better!

Landing and departure were easy; but the restaurant was overcrowded and understaffed, so service was a bit slow. This prompted Max to comment that perhaps next time, we should choose our restaurant based on criteria OTHER than runway orientation! [:)]

• Mike.

Ahh, the disarming wisdom of youth!
Ted