Sun Shields

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom made sun shields for the Cirrus?

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom made sun shields for the Cirrus?

When I went looking for cabin covers about a month ago for my SR20 (which I pick up in 11 days and counting!!), I looked at two companies:

Bruce’s Custom Covers (www.aircraftcovers.com) and Kennon (www.kennoncovers.com). Both companies make Sun Shields as well.

At that time, Kennon had not made any Cirrus covers and did not have a “model” there to work from, so they pretty much told me that I couldn’t get covers from them unless/until they could get hands-on on a Cirrus. Since I’m on the other side of the country, I didn’t volunteer to fly out there for them to measure the plane.

On the other hand, Bruce at Bruce’s Custom Covers appears to have an SR20 available for him to work on; he was able to make covers with no problem.

It’s probably worth checking again with both places (and any others that other people suggest) but if the situation is the same, Bruce’s covers may be the only realistic choice.

Steve

Here’s what Kennon said . . .

Thank you for your interest in Kennon Aircraft Covers. We do still have the template for the Cirrus SR20 aircraft windows and a set of the sun shields for this plane are priced at $169. These can be ready for shipment in one day. If you wish to order, you can email me back with your shipping and payment information or you can order right on our web site if you prefer. Phone and fax orders are welcome as well.

Thanks again for inquiring about our products. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Dawn Schuerman

Manager

ph 800-356-0809

fx 307-674-7481

Here’s what Sun-Foil said . . .

We do not have the template for the Cirrus SR 20 if you wish to send us one
we can make one for you at a special price.

Julie A Schaedel
President

602 569-9334

Sun-Foil Aircraft SunScreens Inc

2019 E Tonopah Drive

Phoenix, AZ 85024-USA

When I went looking for cabin covers about a month ago for my SR20 (which I pick up in 11 days and counting!!), I looked at two companies:

Bruce’s Custom Covers (www.aircraftcovers.com) and Kennon (www.kennoncovers.com). Both companies make Sun Shields as well.

At that time, Kennon had not made any Cirrus covers and did not have a “model” there to work from, so they pretty much told me that I couldn’t get covers from them unless/until they could get hands-on on a Cirrus. Since I’m on the other side of the country, I didn’t volunteer to fly out there for them to measure the plane.

Kennon made sun shields for me after I provided them with templates. They fit fine and I assume they still have the templates. #37

On the other hand, Bruce at Bruce’s Custom Covers appears to have an SR20 available for him to work on; he was able to make covers with no problem.

It’s probably worth checking again with both places (and any others that other people suggest) but if the situation is the same, Bruce’s covers may be the only realistic choice.

Steve

Bruce has the SR20 data in his computer data base so a push of a button provides automatic layout for production of the cover. He is a pilot who provides excellent service and is a pleasure to deal with.

Steve