Stuff happens. For reasons not important here, I am willing to transfer my position #0176 with scheduled delivery of Jan 31, 02. C model with stormscope, total price $302,920.
Don’t need a profit, just my 30K deposit. Hell, I’ll even split the $500 dollar transfer fee.
Email me if interested.
Since you are not seeking a profit, try Cirrus. In the past, they have been very gracious and have even offered to give position holders their deposit back. You could do this and save your part of the transfer fee. The cpi factor also would not cloud the issue.
But on the other hand, if your contract price is less than your asking price you may be better off selling.
You’re right, I could ask Cirrus for my deposit, and may still do so.
My reasons for this action are personal, not financial. My asking price is the same as my contract price, which, I believe, is a grand or two less than the current price.
Simply put, if there is someone out there who wants a plane cheaper and sooner than they could otherwise get it, fine. To me, that beats giving the position back to CD. Sort of a variant of the old “free to a good home” speil, only I’m putting my money where my mouth is.