SR22 Landing

We are in the process of building a house on an air park on the Atlantic coast in France.

The runway is 750m long (2300ft) at about 50ft ASL. What is the experience of SR22 owners with regards to landing on a runway of this size?

If we can’t get the bird in or or out we will just have to move somewhere else!

If you are interested in the air park, just point your browser at:

http:\www.atlantic-airpark.com

Thanks

Simon

The POH shows 1141’ ground roll, or 2325’ over a 50 foot obstacle at ISA and MGW, - 10% for every 13 kts of wind.

We are in the process of building a house on an air park on the Atlantic coast in France.

The runway is 750m long (2300ft) at about 50ft ASL. What is the experience of SR22 owners with regards to landing on a runway of this size?

If we can’t get the bird in or or out we will just have to move somewhere else!

If you are interested in the air park, just point your browser at:

http:\www.atlantic-airpark.com

Thanks

Simon

Simon

First let me say, that I’m sorry for your hardships!

Now to the SR22. Take offs shoul be no problem. I have about 20 hours so I’m no expert, but I’d say my typical landing uses 2,500’ of runway. I have no obstacle, nor am I breaking hard or trying to stop short. I would also recommend a bit of practice on a longer strip and place a mark @ 2,500’ to safely ensure that you are comfortable at that length

I think it will b very doable, but tight. With an obstacle, adverse winds or high density altitudes, you may want to think twice.

Marty SR22 N191KM

My SR22 is based out of PAO and I regularly fly out of SQL. Same lengths, 2m MSL. I’ve found it difficult to burn up more than 300m of runway on takeoff. The numbers in the POH are meant to be realistic numbers obtained by an average pilot at maximum gross, not numbers by some hot-shot test pilot.

I’m not sure how Cirrus pads their numbers, since their guys appear to be hot shot pilots. :slight_smile:

I am not a hot shot pilot. I have used up more than 300m of runway on landing, I have also brought it in fairly consistently in less than 100m (75kias short final, 8-10kt headwind, 200lbs under max gross). If you’re paying attention and trying, you can grease it landing short. If you fly it exactly per training and the POH, you will eat up a lot of runway.

Your climate is identical to mine. I would not worry.

Simon,

Am interested in the same thing myself… any thoughts on sharing one?

Mark

Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer my query.

I was speaking to someone from the European Cirrus distributors at AeroFair 2001 yesterday and he has landed an SR22 over powerlines and into a grass strip of about 600m with no problem (either in or out).

His advice was to nail the speed and there should be no problem.

Paul,

I’m looking at basing an SR-22 at SQL this year. Who do you use for maintenance on the plane?

-Curt Sanford