SR20 nose gear

I have experienced problems every oil change (50) hours with the Rebound Bumpers 2ea that are designed to take the load of the nose gear in flight literally blowing apart. I have gone through 3 sets as of this writing and Cirrus informs me that this is not a normal occurance. When I tried to get a “Certified Cirrus maint/warrenty facility” to look at the problem they informed me it would take 2 days to get the parts as they had just used the last set in stock. Has anyone else experienced this unusual replacement rate. The Bumpers look like rubber bushings above the stack designed to absorb the landing load on nose gear. They experience load on the rebound from landing or when the gear is hanging in flight. I find it difficult that I have the only SR20 that exibits this problem.

Just had the two bumpers replaced last week. 200 hours on my SR20. One bumper was split and fell off, the other was very compressed. They are difficult to inspect unless you have the lower cowl removed. Suggest everyone add this item to the annual inspection checklist.

Stuart

N747TG just had the same problem. Obviously, we are not the only ones, because our Service Center, General Enterprises, was already aware of this. If you loose the 2 rubber bumpers, you will notice considerable nose wheel shimmy after landing when you start to apply the brakes; the shimmy increases while slowing down. Replacement is not a big deal but needs to be done immediately.

Timm Preusser

I have experienced problems every oil change (50) hours with the Rebound Bumpers 2ea that are designed to take the load of the nose gear in flight literally blowing apart. I have gone through 3 sets as of this writing and Cirrus informs me that this is not a normal occurance. When I tried to get a “Certified Cirrus maint/warrenty facility” to look at the problem they informed me it would take 2 days to get the parts as they had just used the last set in stock. Has anyone else experienced this unusual replacement rate. The Bumpers look like rubber bushings above the stack designed to absorb the landing load on nose gear. They experience load on the rebound from landing or when the gear is hanging in flight. I find it difficult that I have the only SR20 that exibits this problem.

Do you have any more tech info on this? I have had the same ordeal. Any web links?

That is part of the annual inspection checklist!!!
AMM 05-22
Best,
Eric